! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Life... - Page 1/3

Subject: Life...
Replies: 17 Views: 1887
> »
0gypsy0 15.10.14 - 04:47pm
Life is somewhat ''autonomous''; half the time our brains are processing without us even knowing, our lungs keep expanding and contracting without the slightest effort, we move our muscles seemingly spontaneously, there are so many parts of our bodies we don't know about.... life is like ''auto-drive''... chin.gif

So now, the philosophical position pertaining to life and its functions --what ''culture'' facilitates this automation? Shouldn't innate knowledge precede existence throughout? Why and how could something exist in a recurrent ignorance of its functions on all levels?

This confuses me because it gives out the vibe of ''slavery''... It seems reality demands more of physical work than knowledge ; that matter doesn't need to know itself in order to perform.
So ignorance is inherent in life, in fact, living could be seen as striving to close this ignorance, but even at that, the details are unending.

In fact, all we know for now is that we are conscious, and even that is up for debate...lol * +

obsidian21 15.10.14 - 04:57pm
I think in some of us conscience awakens and makes us feel that we are actually living and we need a purpose for this life while some of us are like inert bodies from birth to death. I dunno what awakens thay sparkle in some of us but in a way its a luck for all to be alive and to experience such multitude of outter and inner excitors. * +

0gypsy0 15.10.14 - 05:02pm
And it's strange that most of us dont give a second thought to our hearts and lungs and other vital organs till something goes wrong with them ... * +

obsidian21 15.10.14 - 05:11pm
yes cuz we take them from granted. I find it strange that some how our body is separated from our soul. sickness can come weather you are sad or happy, in moments when you really enjoy life. * +

ogdenz 15.10.14 - 05:33pm
How can innate knowledge predate existence? * +

0gypsy0 15.10.14 - 05:55pm
Ogdenz,you're a buddhist ... evileye funny u ask that... Anyway,Read everything before taking things out of context * +

0gypsy0 15.10.14 - 06:01pm
Then why and how could something exist in a recurrent ignorance of its functions on all levels? * +

politebrat 15.10.14 - 06:37pm
Gosh, this problem is bigger than the mind-matter duality question. Lol * +

> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-3
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Religion&Beliefs Forum