! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

faith - Page 6/6

Subject: faith
« <
0gypsy0 29.09.14 - 04:19pm
Maybe you used the faith word in the wrong context? dunno faith is usually trust,a strong belief IN SOMEONE . . Belief alone is more like acceptance that something (god,reptilians,various interdimentional tourists existance) is true without proof but u don't trust them,u don't have faith in them. dunno.gif * +

0gypsy0 29.09.14 - 04:20pm
My head hurts.lol * +

kimjongl 30.09.14 - 05:17am
To have faith is to make an irrational leap in thought. Anyone can believe or not believe something. I can disbelieve gravity if I want, but it won't matter one bit. I can have faith that I will walk on the air if I jump off a cliff, but that would be irrational and not based on any objective evidence. * +

prismf 30.09.14 - 05:26am

@ ogdenz - 29.09.14 - 01:21pm
I just put a meat and potato pie in the oven.I have faith that it will be ready to eat in 45 mins. Am I being gullible?

only if it was a frozen pre packed and ready made one.......faith in someone elses judgement what goes into your belly.

better to make your own to have faith completely.... * +

prismf 30.09.14 - 06:07am

@ ire.mark - 29.09.14 - 02:25pm
isn't that trust and belief

hmm i would personally say that faith is having no self doubts about that what has been written or promised...faith is a conviction or regard that it will be carried out ..... in a specific way .....like faith in the bibles words, .

a confidence thats placed onto a person(s) by another person(s) that they will do what they say they will. ...to have faith

belief is more an acceptance that something or someone exists....even, sometimes, without definitive proof

for example ... i believe in god ....a self confidence that to yourself, god indeed does exist despite not being able to touch him or see him.

i believe in angels........i believe in extraterrestrial life.

an unproven but very self made decision on what to think about a thing or person.

the tricky bit....to have faith in your belief....is .... to regard what you think is appropriate to you, and right for you.

in my opinion * +

prismf 30.09.14 - 07:40am
on a tangent with the faith n belief and probably guilability

i have faith in human kindness.......i believe that justice will be done (in some cases worldwide!) *

« <

Quick reply:

+ refresh
+ go to page 1-6
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
6 first page
+ bookmark
8 Religion&Beliefs Forum
9 Forum Index