! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

slavery in bible - Page 13/22

Subject: slavery in bible
« <> »
jef87 2.10.14 - 02:52pm
Cherry pickin means picking the the good ones and discarding the bad ones just like what most bible freaks do * +

smohamed 3.10.14 - 03:39pm
lmao Bozz did you just quote all that!! did you not read what i wrote? * +

smohamed 3.10.14 - 03:40pm
let me requote what i said a few days ago... As for slaves already existing in Muslim homes from the days of Jahiliyya (ignorance), their freeing was put at a high premium. path to righteousness..set a slave free... Similarly, in deploring man for not taking 'the uphill road' of moral progress, it puts in the premier position 'to free a slave.... the State is directed to spend a part of the funds raised by Zakat (poor-rate) on purchasing the freedom of slaves (9:60) * +

smohamed 3.10.14 - 03:41pm
let me requote it again just for clarity... As for slaves already existing in Muslim homes from the days of Jahiliyya (ignorance)... * +

smohamed 3.10.14 - 03:46pm
now the verse you quoted etc... speaks about how slaves are to be treated and so forth... Muslims could marry a slave and so forth...these were in the days of jahilyah... * +

smohamed 3.10.14 - 03:48pm
the prohibition of slaves barring ones taken during a ware is therefore stated in this verse: * +

smohamed 3.10.14 - 03:49pm
It is not fit for a prophet that he should take prisoners unless he has fought and triumphed in the land. You desire the frail goods of this world, while Allah desires (for you) the Hereafter * +

« <> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-22
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
6 first page
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Religion&Beliefs Forum
9 Forum Index