! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

atheist vs theist - Page 27/27

Subject: atheist vs theist
« <
manszar 23.09.14 - 02:27pm

@ xfrankie - 23.09.14 - 12:29pm
in the prodigal son, even if you haven't the slightest indication of he's age, you doubt he can be as young as 5 or 6, where as in the deut. verse, you can easily envision the text encompasses a 1yr old rebellious drunkard, aren't you something....

now you are just being foolish, the prodigal son is a story. where as Deuteronomy is almost a commandment. ,,,You must purge the evil from among you,,, now it doesn't actually say they have to be a drunkard. only ,,,stubborn and rebellious son who does not obey his father and mother and will not listen to them when they discipline him,,,, now the fact that it says son means their child. it does not matter the age of the son in the text as it just states stubborn and rebellious son. * +

manszar 23.09.14 - 02:32pm

@ xfrankie - 23.09.14 - 01:00pm
hav you even looked thru what i said...k don't read modern civilisation into ancient culture, in our time an adult is 18yrs, the culture of that time, an adult is recognised by their designation..i'm Manszar son of Banszar, that's adult Manszar, unless its i'm 8yr old Manszar son of Banszar, or Manszar son of Banszar was born yesterday then you have a child Manszar, or baby Manszar

so here Ishmael is a adult,,,, And Abraham took Ishmael his son, and all that were born in his house, * +

manszar 23.09.14 - 02:34pm

@ xfrankie - 23.09.14 - 01:03pm
which is why Jesus at 12yrs in Luke, is called Child, even though He was still the Son of God, this is as far as that explanation to your question, do with it as you please

but here he is a 13 year old child,,,, And Ishmael his son was thirteen years old, when he was circumcised in the flesh of his foreskin,,,,,, interesting lol.gif * +

xfrankie 23.09.14 - 02:58pm
take you time, and read what a bar-mitzvah is... fill the gaps thyself * +

manszar 23.09.14 - 03:07pm
yes I know what a bar-mitzvah is, the question is though is he a adult at 13? * +

xfrankie 23.09.14 - 03:09pm

@ manszar - 23.09.14 - 02:27pm
now you are just being foolish, the prodigal son is a story. where as Deuteronomy is almost a commandment. ,,,You must purge the evil from among you,,, now it doesn't actually say they have to be a drunkard. only ,,,stubborn and rebellious son who does not obey his father and mother and will not listen to them when they discipline him,,,, now the fact that it says son means their child. it does not matter the age of the son in the text as it just states stubborn and rebellious son.

a story as if its based on a non-existent culture yet its based on existing law...u know this is getting exhausting, if u aren't weary, then your a bigger man than me, its where i respectfully bow out, file in my application to seek leave and....do anything else...adios amigo *

« <

Quick reply:

+ refresh
+ go to page 1-27
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
6 first page
+ bookmark
8 Religion&Beliefs Forum
9 Forum Index