! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Is it a sin in bible? - Page 6/6

Subject: Is it a sin in bible?
« <
nolisto1 26.08.14 - 06:12pm
Alright. * +

gameboy1 27.08.14 - 01:13am
hmp * +

airwalkr 4.09.14 - 01:07am

@ 0gypsy0 - 19.08.14 - 07:10pm
According to the bible yes,it is.

1 Cor 6:19-20 (NIV)
''Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honour God with your body.''

1 Cor 3:16-17 (NIV)
''Don't you know that you yourselves are God's temple and that God's Spirit lives in you? If anyone destroys God's temple, God will destroy him; for God's temple is sacred, and you are that temple.''

The cigs are bad for your health/body and your body is a temple of God.

Erm... * +

0gypsy0 4.09.14 - 01:16am
smoke * +

airwalkr 4.09.14 - 01:16am
Okay.. if the Holy Spirit living within you has convicted your heart with smoking as being a sin to you then yes it is a sin. If not then it is not a sin... That being said Fornication has always been considered a sin. Which is what Paul continually addressed to the church in Corinth.
Matthew 15:11 KJV
Not that which goeth into the mouth defileth a man; but that which cometh out of the mouth, this defileth a man.
Smoking is honestly no more of a sin than drinking is. * +

airwalkr 4.09.14 - 01:34am
I guess I should at least warn of one major point. If your freedom causes someone else to falter or stumble then you really shouldn't do it around them.
1 Corinthians 8:9 KJV But take heed lest by any means this liberty of yours become a stumblingblock to them that are weak.
Not just with smoking but with anything that one may consider a sin. Whether it's eating certain foods or drinking certain drinks. *

« <

Quick reply:

+ refresh
+ go to page 1-6
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
6 first page
+ bookmark
8 Religion&Beliefs Forum
9 Forum Index