! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Occam's razor - Page 1/12

Subject: Occam's razor
Replies: 80 Views: 4029
> »
itstragik 30.07.14 - 05:56pm
Basic scientific principle. It says, all things being equal the simplest explination tends to be the right one. Whats more likely an all-powerful mysterious God created the universe and then decided not to give any proof of his existence? Or that he simply doesn't exist at all and that we created him so we wouldn't have to feel so small and alone. * +

0gypsy0 30.07.14 - 06:32pm
Life itself is a fascinating example of nature's complexity. I don't think that the simplest theory is always the right one or always the wrong one. I think Occam's razor is used by the intellectually lazy dunno . * +

0gypsy0 30.07.14 - 06:35pm
The simplest theory to be accepted must also fit all the evidence. * +

itstragik 30.07.14 - 08:39pm
I just think the simplest and easy answers tends to be the right one people rigidly defend their beliefs without any real evidence to back it up * +

xfrankie 30.07.14 - 09:13pm
what is simple, is everything observable must have an origin, its an absolute fact, u can't cut corners round it, and there's only one way that fact can be defeated * +

xfrankie 31.07.14 - 04:02pm
one assumption is, he creates everything but doesn't give proof of his existence. Is the creation not proof enough * +

0gypsy0 31.07.14 - 04:02pm
No,it isn't * +

0gypsy0 31.07.14 - 04:08pm
Or u mean that unconditional love posessed by God is the source of energy or power that allowed the universe's creation and the life in it and also sustains it?@Frankie. * +

> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-12
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Religion&Beliefs Forum
9 Forum Index

Custom Search