! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Interfaith dialogue - Page 8/20

Subject: Interfaith dialogue
« <> »
bozzalad 23.07.14 - 03:07pm
the Olmecs venerated mountains: an Olmec sculpture was found close to the summit of the San Martn Pajapan Volcano, and many archaeologists believe that man-made hills at sites such as La Venta are meant to represent sacred mountains for rituals. * +

bozzalad 23.07.14 - 03:08pm
he Olmecs considered certain man-made and natural places sacred. Man-made places included temples, plazas and ball courts and natural places included springs, caves, mountaintops and rivers. No building easily identifiable as an Olmec temple has been discovered; nevertheless, there are many raised platforms which probably served as bases upon which temples were built of some perishable material such as wood. * +

bozzalad 23.07.14 - 03:08pm
Complex A at La Venta archaeological site is commonly accepted as a religious complex. Although the only ballcourt identified at an Olmec site comes from the post-Olmec era at San Lorenzo, there is nevertheless much evidence that the Olmecs played the game, including carved likenesses of players and preserved rubber balls found at the El Manat site. * +

0gypsy0 23.07.14 - 03:14pm
tea a complex society predating the mayans and aztecs * +

bozzalad 23.07.14 - 06:10pm
calanais standing stones * +

kimiyah 23.07.14 - 06:32pm
Aw that's an interesting read:)
I've always thought the Maya ( around about 2600 B.C.) Would have came B4 the Olmecs (I'm unsure,but think they we're around in 1400 BC),then the Inca and Aztecs?

Mayans as I understand would have been the 1st Mesoamerican civilisation, the Olmecs however could be argued as the first major Mesoamerican culture. I could be wrong tou. I'm glad u Mentioned the Olmecs , amongst the greatest ancient civilisations in history- Olmecs are frequently forgotten entirely, its been 15yrs since I've last heard sumone mention them:) * +

bozzalad 23.07.14 - 06:37pm
you are wrong lol * +

« <> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-20
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
6 first page
7 last page
+ bookmark