! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Bitter Truth - Page 1/30

Subject: Bitter Truth
Replies: 210 Views: 16136
> »
ummati 7.07.14 - 10:09pm
There will be no peace so long as this fundamental truth is not told that since 1967 we Palestinians have been occupied by the Israel Defense Forces, controlled by Israeli government planners and watched over by the Shin Bet security service. We do not need an honest broker refereeing our dispute. We need an honest judge to deliver justice.

http://www.haaretz.com/news/diplomacy-defense/israel-peace-conference/1.601984 * +

ummati 7.07.14 - 10:24pm
srael wants Apartheid and the Israelis want occupation, not peace.

Rejectionism is embedded in Israel's most primal beliefs. There, at the deepest level, lies the concept that this land is destined for the Jews alone.
By Gideon Levy Jul. 4, 2014 Haaretz
http://www.haaretz.com/news/diplomacy-defense/israel-peace-conference/1.601112article_comments

Israel does not want peace. There is nothing I have ever written that I would be happier to be proved wrong about. But the evidence is piling up. In fact, it can be said that Israel has never wanted peace a just peace, that is, one based on a just compromise for both sides. Israelis want peace, not justice, certainly not anything based on universal values.
The single most overwhelming item of evidence of Israels rejection of peace is, of course, the settlements project. From the dawn of its existence, there has never been a more reliable or more precise litmus test for Israels true intentions than this particular enterprise. In plain words: The builders of settlements want to consolidate the occupation, and those who want to consolidate the occupation do not want peace. Thats the whole story in a nutshell. But the settlements were only a touchstone of Israels intentions. Its rejectionism is embedded far more deeply in its DNA, its bloodstream, its raison dtre, its most primal beliefs. There, at the deepest level, lies the concept that this land is destined for the Jews alone. There, at the deepest level, is entrenched the value of am sgula Gods treasured people and God chose us. In practice, this is translated to mean that, in this land, Jews are allowed to do what is forbidden to others. That is the point of departure, and there is no way to get from there to a just peace. There is no way to reach a just peace when the name of the game is the dehumanization of the Palestinians. No way to achieve peace when the demonization of the Palestinians is hammered into peoples heads day af * +

ummati 7.07.14 - 10:27pm
Its up to admin eventually but I made this topic so as not to digress too much in the other topics. The information I have posted here I feel is important and may have gotten lost in the other 2 topics. * +

dgsn 7.07.14 - 10:31pm
This goes back to a rant I have made a few times before. Palestine is just a blip on global atrocities, you only care not because of Palestinians (no muslim gave a fk about them when they were being oppressed by muslims)but because of jews. Do a count of Israel/Palestine topics in say 15 pages of this forum. Nah lets make it fair and say 150 pages and those directed at Uyghurs. * +

joe999 7.07.14 - 11:05pm
This post has nothing behind it. No proofs or anything backing it up. It's just basically pointing a finger at Israel saying it's all your fault. Nothing about all the Palestinian atrocities etc. There are many topics like this where u have done this I really don't see the point I'm another. It should be deleted but hey I guess I ain't admin. And yes many many more atrocities real atrocities going on, and in the middle east like in Egypt and Syria etc. But didn't get posted because it's Arabs doing it to Arabs. I won't be posting in here any longer as there is ample place for discussion about it which is happening in other posts. I can make another post raving against the Palestinians, but it ain't gonna change peoples opinion just because it's in the topic headline. Stupid, pathetic and v v transparent. * +

ummati 7.07.14 - 11:20pm

@ dgsn - 7.07.14 - 10:31pm
This goes back to a rant I have made a few times before. Palestine is just a blip on global atrocities, you only care not because of Palestinians (no muslim gave a fk about them when they were being oppressed by muslims)but because of jews. Do a count of Israel/Palestine topics in say 15 pages of this forum. Nah lets make it fair and say 150 pages and those directed at Uyghurs.

Said it more than once, palestine is not just about muslims, those other countries have had big brother go in and bomb to smithereens the countries as well as those they deemed responsible, Israel has been suppressing the palestinians for decades, where is world police now??? * +

mandain 8.07.14 - 12:24am

@ ummati - 7.07.14 - 10:24pm
srael wants Apartheid and the Israelis want occupation, not peace.

Rejectionism is embedded in Israel's most primal beliefs. There, at the deepest level, lies the concept that this land is destined for the Jews alone.
By Gideon Levy Jul. 4, 2014 Haaretz
http://www.haaretz.com/news/diplomacy-defense/israel-peace-conference/1.601112article_comments

Israel does not want peace. There is nothing I have ever written that I would be happier to be proved wrong about. But the evidence is piling up. In fact, it can be said that Israel has never wanted peace a just peace, that is, one based on a just compromise for both sides. Israelis want peace, not justice, certainly not anything based on universal values.
The single most overwhelming item of evidence of Israels rejection of peace is, of course, the settlements project. From the dawn of its existence, there has never been a more reliable or more precise litmus test for Israels true intentions than this particular enterprise. In plain words: The builders of settlements want to consolidate the occupation, and those who want to consolidate the occupation do not want peace. Thats the whole story in a nutshell. But the settlements were only a touchstone of Israels intentions. Its rejectionism is embedded far more deeply in its DNA, its bloodstream, its raison dtre, its most primal beliefs. There, at the deepest level, lies the concept that this land is destined for the Jews alone. There, at the deepest level, is entrenched the value of am sgula Gods treasured people and God chose us. In practice, this is translated to mean that, in this land, Jews are allowed to do what is forbidden to others. That is the point of departure, and there is no way to get from there to a just peace. There is no way to reach a just peace when the name of the game is the dehumanization of the Palestinians. No way to achieve peace when the demonization of the Palestinians is hammered into peoples heads day af

I mostly agree that Israel doesn't want peace, as for the land belonging to jews only sure a lot of jews might feel that way especially the ultra orthodox , but I feel even moderate jews don't want peace, they rather take the aggressive stand even if it means to persecute innocent Palestinians in order to keep what they have, instead of trying for peace and risk losing everything, so it all comes down to mistrust * +

prismf 8.07.14 - 12:45am
if the problems are not helped in the east, they will spread west, as they have already done. there is no excuse for taking a life anywhere. and people need to be taught this. i hope the right ears start to listen. * +

> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-30
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Religion&Beliefs Forum
9 Forum Index

Custom Search