! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

hinduism apartheid - Page 1/3

Subject: hinduism apartheid
Replies: 16 Views: 2827
> »
9362 19.05.14 - 11:40am
Isn't it strange that South Africa got abuse for it's apartheid system.Yet hinduism has had a system what is worse then apartheid for centuries and yet little is done about it? * +

9362 19.05.14 - 11:43am
The hindu caste system still alive and well in many areas,a brahman will have a life of priviledge,an untouchable,a life,if you can call it that one of utter complete misery * +

kimjongl 19.05.14 - 11:45am
I think the difference is apartheid was institutionalized while the caste system in India is actually already illegal. The problem they have, like we still do, is the lack of implementation of the existing democratic and economic policies that should help the people most affected. * +

bozzalad 19.05.14 - 12:00pm
oh well. * +

9362 19.05.14 - 12:04pm
true kim but it's shocking to realise how prevalent it still is and yes it is worse then your apartheid * +

kimjongl 19.05.14 - 12:09pm
True, it is prevalent, hopefully education and economic success will eradicate the disease of cultural and religious doctrine in time. As for worse, I don't like comparing suffering, everyone has suffered. * +

mandain 19.05.14 - 02:43pm
In a way it is worse, black South Africans had hope that apartheid will end and that hope was realistic, as for the untouchables they actually believe they are the underclass not to mention education and economic success isn't likely to reach them * +

dgsn 19.05.14 - 06:13pm
It will take generations to weed out but it will happen eventually. * +

> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-3
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Religion&Beliefs Forum