! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Opposing Hudud - Page 1/38

Subject: Opposing Hudud
Replies: 266 Views: 23585
> »
urvoice1 25.04.14 - 12:22am
Im just not sure whats a nice way to have a conversation about a set of laws that legitimises amputations, slavery and public stoning in Gods name. There are many reasons why I think that hudud has no place in the modern world * +

urvoice1 25.04.14 - 12:23am
Hudud neglects what we know today about economics and social science. We know that robbers dont all rob because theyre bad, its because theyre often poor, sick or desperate. We know that sociopathy and psychopathy are personality disorders and that people are a product of their environment therefore evil acts are not Satanic manifestations in men. In that respect, not all women and men can be judged the same. * +

urvoice1 25.04.14 - 12:24am
We know that just because four men didnt witness a r*pe, it doesnt mean that a woman has committed adultery. A woman is not the proverbial tree fallen in the forest so a r*pe kit will do just nicely to prevent her from getting stoned. Consider that if accusations of adultery are punishable too then Mahathir should get a huge walloping for what hes dragged Anwar through. * +

urvoice1 25.04.14 - 12:25am
Another thing about hudud is that it deals with petty misdemeanours excessively. Theft and adultery are the things of tabloids. There are worse crimes out there with extremely lenient sentences like wildlife trafficking and animal abuse. The monstrosity of it all is that child marriage is legal in Malaysia under Islamic law. Politicians and developers get away with building dams and deforestation, capitalism and corruption. How does hudud address these bigger issues? Hudud has no place.... * +

urvoice1 25.04.14 - 12:27am
place in a society whose priorities have changed. Its perfectly medieval. .... * +

urvoice1 25.04.14 - 12:28am
Has this backwards law any place in modern society ? * +

ogdenz 25.04.14 - 12:35am
I'm not sure what Hudud is but a lot of the things you mentioned are obviously wrong..and others right.But we all possess discernment at some level or other.Now no matter how convinced I was about any belief system certain things just aren't right from a human perspective.Surely there must be Muslims who hear or see these things and inwardly feel repulsed? How can they tally those feelings and still feel Islam is perfect? I know I couldn't.. Hence my renunciation of my catholic upbringing. * +

urvoice1 25.04.14 - 12:51am
There are muslims that question as you did, and decide that parts of Islam was apt for some particular time and not for them now, there are others who say that it was written then and should be now. Unable to apply the islam of old with society today. Who is to say which one is right ? I have my preference and I'm sure you have yours. I know which one I would prefer to have in my neighbourhood. * +

> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-38
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Religion&Beliefs Forum
9 Forum Index

Custom Search