! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Oranges are not the only fruit - Page 1/5

Subject: Oranges are not the only fruit
Replies: 32 Views: 4403
> »
urvoice1 20.04.14 - 12:03am
No more Kingsmill bread for me. The company have pandered to the minority faith by seeking Halal accreditation. In fairness, they have been up front about it, but in my opinion, they have cut their own throat. There are other options and I will use them from now on. * +

iilmadme 20.04.14 - 12:06am
wat is involved in bread being halal,anything? * +

urvoice1 20.04.14 - 12:10am
Some breads use lard, and some Amino acid. By buying halal products, I would be sanctioning the whole Halal process. * +

iilmadme 20.04.14 - 12:11am
it was already halal as it was (most products) suitable for vegetarians,apparently * +

recurv11 20.04.14 - 12:13am
Kingsmill has announced it has officially been certified by the Halal Food Authority as halal-compliant.The majority of the brands products are suitable for vegetarians with the exception of Kingsmill 50/50 with Omega 3, which contains fish-derived Omega 3 and while they have always been suitable for a halal diet, the firm said it sought recognition to tie in with its packaging relaunch, announced last month.This accreditation certifies that those Kingsmill bread and bakery goods with the Halal Food Authority logo are allowed under Islamic dietary guidelines, said the firm.Guy Shepherd... * +

iilmadme 20.04.14 - 12:13am
i wondered if prayers n stuff were involved,it seems not * +

recurv11 20.04.14 - 12:20am
they aint gonna stop until every single item on our supermarket shelves are halal, whether we want it or not... many in here and elsewhere will say 'och dont be daft/ignorant/paranoid/racist/islamophobic its only a loaf of bread' * +

urvoice1 20.04.14 - 12:23am

@ ayeitsme - 20.04.14 - 12:21am
your fkd come hunger games if ur fussy about food then lool

I'll eat my left arm then, hardly use it anyway * +

> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-5
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
7 last page