! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

R.I.P. to R.I.P. ? - Page 1/2

Subject: R.I.P. to R.I.P. ?
Replies: 12 Views: 490
> »
urvoice1 18.04.14 - 09:22pm
Following the death of Karpal Singh and the outpouring of grief, Muslims were reminded by the National Fatwa Council today that they were not encouraged to use the phrase Rest in Peace (RIP) to a non-Muslim because the term had Christian connotations. Wishes such as 'I sympathise with what has happened to you' or 'we express our sadness at the loss in your family' are allowed.

However, a Muslim is definitely not encouraged to wish a non-Muslim person 'Rest in Peace', the council said.

The council said RIP was an assumption that the non-Muslim person would receive God's blessings.
* +

urvoice1 18.04.14 - 09:26pm
From an Islamic point of view, a person who has died in blasphemy will not receive God's forgiveness and blessings, it said. A fatwa ? A reminder to muslims how to behave. So there is the quran, then hadith and then fatwas.
* +

urvoice1 18.04.14 - 09:31pm
A comment I read that fits the fatwa.... The living are not allowed to live in peace. While the dead are not allowed to rest in peace either. * +

ogdenz 18.04.14 - 09:42pm
Odd but not surprising. * +

bozzalad 18.04.14 - 11:58pm
this is the age of the train. * +

manszar 19.04.14 - 01:08am
so is this the proof you want to show muslims suk * +

roohhaq 19.04.14 - 05:17am
Bereaved persons (non-Muslims) can be consoled by words of sympathy.Bereaved (non-Muslims) will feel hurt if there are no words of sympathy and consider this as a display of insensitivity... * +

roohhaq 19.04.14 - 05:27am
In the interest and benefit of the mayyit (deceased), one could say may they now find comfort from their illness,pain,injury,etc... * +

> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-2
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Religion&Beliefs Forum
9 Forum Index

Custom Search