! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Religious Atheists? - Page 1/8

Subject: Religious Atheists?
Replies: 54 Views: 9503
> »
viva 14.04.14 - 02:52pm
In order to be considered smart, more and more people become atheists who totally rely their beliefs on science, yet science itself is becoming more and more religious nowadays. Why? Because, apparently, in order to deny the possibility of fine tuning of dark energy in the universe, science propose an idea of multiverse that requires a leap of faith. * +

dgsn 14.04.14 - 05:42pm
There is absolutely nothing in atheism that requires a belief in a multiverse. And I suspect those that do believe in a multiverse do not have a deep emotional attachment to it, if it is proven wrong not many will care. * +

vampboy 14.04.14 - 05:44pm
Religious atheist. pmpl.gif I laughed because there was this other idiot called, Varg Vikernes who called Atheists followers of religion of science. * +

newt182 14.04.14 - 07:18pm
''science itself is becoming more and more religious nowadays.'' It is not possible for science to become religious. Science is not a living entity. That's like saying 'philosophy is now a Muslim, isn't he?'. Or 'I see science still believes in Christianity, science is always at church every Sunday'. * +

kimjongl 15.04.14 - 06:26pm
Science is dynamic and can change if new evidence is brought forward and tested. Religion is rigid and cannot change regardless of the evidence brought forward. * +

mr.krabs 15.04.14 - 06:28pm
. * +

mr.krabs 15.04.14 - 06:29pm

@ kimjongl - 15.04.14 - 06:26pm
Science is dynamic and can change if new evidence is brought forward and tested. Religion is rigid and cannot change regardless of the evidence brought forward.

So true. * +

nolisto1 15.04.14 - 08:51pm

@ kimjongl - 15.04.14 - 06:26pm
Science is dynamic and can change if new evidence is brought forward and tested. Religion is rigid and cannot change regardless of the evidence brought forward.

Actually this isn't true. Christianity came from Judaism. Isn't that a change? Protestants came out of catholicism, isn't that a change. You could say religion changes much slower than science. * +

> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-8
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Religion&Beliefs Forum
9 Forum Index

Custom Search