! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Religious Atheists? - Page 5/8

Subject: Religious Atheists?
« <> »
urvoice1 19.04.14 - 09:43am

@ roohhaq - 19.04.14 - 07:27am
Know a group of atheists who say they all know nature-stuff,etc came about by co-incidence but when in trouble say God made it,that way they blame anything that goes wrong on God!

Pmpl * +

ire.mark 19.04.14 - 12:24pm

@ viva - 16.04.14 - 04:53am
Theists believe in Creator, while Atheists don't. Both are belief system because they both can't provide proof. Science is different, however it's becoming more and more like belief system. Multiverse cannot be observed in the mean time because of human limitation and we always have that limitation. Atheists rely their belief on incomplete understanding of nature. Theists rely their belief on simple logic. Why do you think Creator exist? (fine tuning of dark energy?) Why do you think Creator doesn't exist? (multiverse? infinite possibilities?) If there's infinite possibilities then there's a possibility that Creator really exist??

The multi universe idea was bought about by people trying to explain paradox, people talking about time to which there is not really any evidence. More dimensions however is likely, there is a point in the orbit of an eletron where it dissappears and reappears in a different orbit, I use orbit loose it more of a magnetic attraction. It either travels though space in an instant or has a means to access a higher dimension. * +

ire.mark 19.04.14 - 12:27pm
as for it makes no sense to be atheist or religious, bollix. I'm an atheist not agnostic. that does not mean I have a belief, I have a stance on an opinion, religious make the assertion, it's not up to me to disprove it, rather the religious to prove it. * +

ire.mark 19.04.14 - 12:48pm
another interesting fact is that light doesn't excelerate it goes from 0 to light speed in 0.0000 seconds. if you were a photon it would seem like no time had passed if you traveled from one end of the universe to the other. to light the universe is tiny. no reason to bring that up other than it blows my mind * +

viva 19.04.14 - 01:18pm
Ok, no matter what it's called, label, tag, name, etc., Atheism and Religion believe in something. You have opinion according to your belief system. Flat Earth Society also believe in something, but their belief has been proven wrong by science. If there's no strong evidence yet, we can say likely or unlikely. We can say that the universe is likely to be intelligently designed because of the fine tuning of the precise amount of the forces of nature in the universe. A slight change will result in a completely different universe. We can say that the universe is unlikely to be intelligently designed because a particle can pop out from nothingness into existence by itself. So, you can proudly say that you believe in Creator because of the fine tuning, or you don't believe in Creator because a particle can pop out into existence by itself. Or you can say that you blindly believe in the flat earth because it's the ultimate truth that doesn't require explanation and proof. * +

viva 19.04.14 - 01:42pm

@ ire.mark - 19.04.14 - 12:24pm
The multi universe idea was bought about by people trying to explain paradox, people talking about time to which there is not really any evidence. More dimensions however is likely, there is a point in the orbit of an eletron where it dissappears and reappears in a different orbit, I use orbit loose it more of a magnetic attraction. It either travels though space in an instant or has a means to access a higher dimension.

So, the fine tuning is fine then. This is actually interesting. Electron disappears and reappears. What about tiny wormholes? Is it possible that the electron goes through that holes? Reappearing in different location, different time, but still in its boundary? * +

ire.mark 19.04.14 - 02:43pm
unknown it dissappears and reappears, that all that's known. * +

« <> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-8
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
6 first page
7 last page
+ bookmark