! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Religious Atheists? - Page 4/8

Subject: Religious Atheists?
« <> »
viva 16.04.14 - 03:50pm
I bet you would think the same then. * +

bozzalad 17.04.14 - 10:47am

@ viva - 14.04.14 - 02:52pm
In order to be considered smart, more and more people become atheists who totally rely their beliefs on science, yet science itself is becoming more and more religious nowadays. Why? Because, apparently, in order to deny the possibility of fine tuning of dark energy in the universe, science propose an idea of multiverse that requires a leap of faith.

That's assuming all atheists believe the same * +

viva 17.04.14 - 03:10pm
Atheism and Religion are belief system, ok? If Atheism is based on science and rational thinking (what else?), then Atheism is also dynamic. If science brings new evidence about the possibility of intelligent design like the fine tuning of the amount of dark energy in the universe then the belief system will have to be changed. (So it's safer to be an Atheist?) On the other hand, those who believe in intelligent design haven't proven to be wrong. And I guess science can never explain the universe completely. Do you think a chimpanzee can understand that the earth is spherical? Faith is inevitable, but not a blind one like those who still believe in the flat earth. However, science isn't about faith. Science cannot believe in the existence of the multiverse without seeing. We can't even see beyond 13.5 billion years. I guess we're still primitive after all. Nobody's smart except fundamentalists. * +

newt182 17.04.14 - 04:01pm
Atheism is a label given to people who do not belief in any gods, it's not a belief system, like religion. * +

dgsn 18.04.14 - 02:09am
As the old saying goes... ''If atheism is a religion then not collecting stamps is a hobby'' * +

roohhaq 19.04.14 - 07:27am
Know a group of atheists who say they all know nature-stuff,etc came about by co-incidence but when in trouble say God made it,that way they blame anything that goes wrong on God! * +

dgsn 19.04.14 - 09:03am
We dont blame anything on god. * +

« <> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-8
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
6 first page
7 last page
+ bookmark