! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

convert or else - Page 1/56

Subject: convert or else
Replies: 386 Views: 47432
> »
recurv11 21.09.13 - 03:12am
Female teachers at Islamic school 'made to sign contract agreeing to wear headscarf even if they're NOT Muslim'Female staff at Al-Madinah School, Derby, say they have been told to sign new contracts which force them to wear the hijabEmployees say they are 'concerned' by its practices including forcing female pupils to sit at the back of the class away from boysNon-Halal food and unacceptable jewellery also banned, it is claimedAs a free school it operates outside local authority control * +

recurv11 21.09.13 - 03:14am
but still qualifies for government fundingNational Union of Teachers are 'very worried' about the school... * +

recurv11 21.09.13 - 03:16am
One woman, who had been interviewed for a position, claimed she was told she was not allowed to shake hands with male teachers to avoid insult.Another staff member, speaking anonymously to the Mail, said the school was like being in Pakistan.She said: Girls are treated very separately from boys, the girls sit at the back of the classroom.Boys go and eat first at lunchtime and then the girls are allowed to go... * +

recurv11 21.09.13 - 03:18am
Sue Arguile, branch secretary of the Derby National Union of Teachers, said the new demands stem from the Al-Madinahs free school status. She said: We have always had a number of concerns about this school ever since it was first set up, as essentially they can do what they like.There is no buffer between them and the state and no protection for staff and pupils... * +

tokage 21.09.13 - 07:19am
not really convertin tho is it? just askin them to adhere to a dress nd conduct code, which i find reasonable... the other things mentioned i am not so okay abt, but am insure if it is my place to question it nd expect it to change. * +

phallica 21.09.13 - 09:59am
Don't go to the Islamic school then. * +

tokage 21.09.13 - 10:13am
somethin like that. * +

9362 21.09.13 - 10:37am
No problems with the hijab,don't agree with the rest of the rules though * +

> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-56
+ my page
+ functions
3 search