! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

New CHRISTIAN CHAT BOX - Page 262/485

Subject: New CHRISTIAN CHAT BOX
« <> »
iilmadme 3.09.15 - 12:56am
i found this.. m.atgrace.com/information/general/baptism/purpose-baptism ..that it's an initiation,n it's commanded in the bible.the outward show of what has happened internally * +

kristy59 3.09.15 - 08:28am
We were going to have our son baptized in a small church of england church near where we lived, the vicar called around n was so nice and welcoming that we booked a date with him for a cpl of months in future unfort we decided to move so felt it was only fair to cancel it as we wld not be living in the area n wldnt beable to attend this church sad When we moved i contacted another church and the vicar came around, he was very unwelcoming n i took a dislike to him. * +

kristy59 3.09.15 - 08:41am
I was so fed up with this Church of England church that we thought we wld try the Baptist Church, the people were very welcoming and it was a nice atmosphere but it seemed a bit casual. One sunday while there they had a baptism, a cpl of teenagers and cldnt believe my eyes when the floor opened to reveal a swimming pool, these 2 youngsters waded into the middle n the pastor dunked both under the water n done the sign of the cross when they came up. This is what John the Baptist did. * +

kristy59 3.09.15 - 08:45am
It was a this point i decided it wld be best if our son followed his own path when he got older rather then us making the decision for him. * +

iilmadme 3.09.15 - 10:37am
i agree,kristy.i dont really believe in infant baptism,maybe some other sort of dedication,method of presenting a child to the community,a commitment to how they will be brought up.in the c of e it seems they baptise infants n confirm u when ur of an age to understand it * +

trailrunner 3.09.15 - 09:27pm
there's one lady singer I like, kerrie roberts, she's lovely lol I like her song 'a savoiur to me' lovely energy there and im not even a christian but definitely felt something there watching the music video on youtube :-) * +

kristy59 4.09.15 - 09:22am

@ iilmadme - 3.09.15 - 10:37am
i agree,kristy.i dont really believe in infant baptism,maybe some other sort of dedication,method of presenting a child to the community,a commitment to how they will be brought up.in the c of e it seems they baptise infants n confirm u when ur of an age to understand it

Unfortunately parents of a child get talked into having their child baptized by their parents and so the circle continues but in our case i cldnt find a church that i felt comfortable in so we decided he cld chose which religion he wanted to follow when he got older. He did attend the odd sunday school but he wasnt that bothered so we never pushed it. * +

« <> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-485
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
6 first page
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Religion&Beliefs Forum
9 Forum Index