! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

STEALING LEGAL thanks to RC Church. - Page 1/10

Subject: STEALING LEGAL thanks to RC Church.
Replies: 69 Views: 6457
> »
soldier2 9.02.13 - 01:46am
...Thomas Aquinas, wrote no treatise on economics, but his thinking, based on that of Aristotle, is foundational for understanding the economic thought of the Roman Church-State. - Henry William Spiegel, The Growth of Economic Thought. Revised edition. Durham: Duke University Press, 1983, 57. * +

soldier2 9.02.13 - 01:46am
Thomas Aquinas, wrote: Because the goods of some are due to others by the natural law, there is no sin if the poor take the goods of their neighbours. Thomas wrote: In cases of need, all things are common property, so that there would seem to be no sin in taking another's property, for need has made it common. - Summa Theologiae, ii-ii, 7th article. * +

soldier2 9.02.13 - 01:47am
Not only is such taking of another's property not a sin, it is not even a crime, according to Thomas: ...it is lawful for a man to succor his own need by means of another's property by taking it either openly or secretly; nor is this, properly speaking, to take secretly and use another's property in a case of extreme need; because that which he takes for the support of his life becomes his own property by reason of that need... * +

soldier2 9.02.13 - 01:48am
...In a case of a like need a man may also take secretly another's property in order to succor his neighbor in need. -Summa Theologiae, ii-ii, 7th article. * +

soldier2 9.02.13 - 01:48am
Whoever needs property ought to posess it. Need makes another's goods one's own. Need is the ultimate and only moral title to property. Neither possession, nor creation, nor production, nor gift, nor inheritance, nor divine commandment (with the exception of Roman Church-State property (i)) grants title that is immune to the prior claim of need. * +

soldier2 9.02.13 - 01:49am
(i) Canon 1254: The Catholic Church has an innate right to acquire, retain, administer and alienate temporal goods in pursuit of its proper ends independently of civil power.Canon 1260: The Church has an innate right to require from the Christian faithful whatever is necessary for the ends proper to it. -John W. Robbins, Ecclesiastical Megalomania: The Economic and Political Thought of the Roman Catholic Church, (The Trinity Foundation: 1999) p, 32 * +

soldier2 9.02.13 - 01:51am
I am in dire need. Is it ok if I do a home invasion at your house?Well I don't have to ask for your consent. My need automatically makes your possessions my own. * +

iilmadme 9.02.13 - 02:10am
If sumone is in that extreme need they shudnt have to steal,it shud be offered * +

> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-10
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Religion&Beliefs Forum
9 Forum Index

Custom Search