! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Blasphemy in Islam - Page 1/30

Subject: Blasphemy in Islam
Replies: 210 Views: 14070
> »
vampboy 30.11.12 - 07:12am
Of great concern at the present time is the subject of whether Islam prescribes any punishment for blasphemy. From what we see It seems that many Muslims are able to bear insults against their family and friends, but when Insults are directed towards Muhammad or God, many are not able to endure it at all. Unfortunately, many Muslims assert that death or other harsh measures are the only possible punishments for those who commit blasphemy. However, as I will explain in a bit, this belief is * +

vampboy 30.11.12 - 07:18am
mistaken and incorrect according to both the Quran and the Sunnah First off I will quote a verse from the Quran calling for fair treatment for all even your enemies ''Let not a peoples enmity incite you to act otherwise than with justice. Be always just, that is nearer to righteousness '' Blasphemy is not merely condemned regarding the Islamic Monotheistic God, but also polytheists by forbidding Muslims to insult their God/s in anyway (*cough* preplan *cough*) * +

vampboy 30.11.12 - 07:19am
And revile not those whom they call upon beside Allah, lest they, out of spite, revile Allah in their ignorance. (Ch.6:V.109) * +

vampboy 30.11.12 - 07:21am
From this verse, Muslims should probably get the idea that It teaches Muslims to be sensitive to the sensibilities of others no matter how strongly they disagree with them. I believe the implications of this verse explains that slandering others people's Gods is wrong and forbidden certainly cannot be permissible for Muslims to defile other sects within Islam or other religions * +

vampboy 30.11.12 - 07:25am
I will try to analyze and talk about the incorrect interpretations of Quranic verses by Muslim scholars in countries such as Pakistan. Pakistan has the 2nd largest Muslim population in the world after Indonesia, the point of this topic is to somehow convey my ideas to Muslims here and attempt to change their minds regarding punishments for blasphemy... * +

vampboy 30.11.12 - 07:28am
One criticism about the concept of Blasphemy is that once enforced, It restricts freedom of Expression. i believe the freedom of speech is a fundamental right for every human and should be given to everyone in every state....It is necessary for the progress and development of a society, however, this freedom, like all other freedoms, I believe it is not limitless. * +

vampboy 30.11.12 - 07:31am
What I believe is that both religious sensitivies and freedom of speech are important and needed to be protected .. i just don't see how there could be a conflict between the two if they operate within their limits and do not trespass into each other's domains chin Yet there are times when sensitivity and freedom will conflict. Nonetheless, although Islam regards blasphemy as heinous and offensive, it does not prescribe any worldly punishment for it, as It would restrict freedom of expressi * +

vampboy 30.11.12 - 07:32am
*expression * +

> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-30
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Religion&Beliefs Forum