! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Islam - Page 1/3

Subject: Islam
Replies: 17 Views: 1860
> »
maxum 6.02.12 - 03:49pm
For a long time now ive been trying to make sense of Islam, and for the most part, its been one of the greatest challenges ive undertaken. The vast volume of information, the difficulty of speaking to different people, attempting to undestand literature from different schools of thought. All this has been part of the struggle. * +

maxum 6.02.12 - 03:54pm
For the last month Ive been stuck. The cause, the difference between divine law and certain aspects of sharia law. It became a wall I couldn't progress beyond, and I wasn't able to do indepth research on sharia law. Which also ment that I couldn't start diving into Islamic history and make sense of the sunni/shia seperation. Something I have a great interest in. * +

maxum 6.02.12 - 03:57pm
Then earlier today it struck me, an answer that demolished my wall. I was looking at divine law and sharia law as two seperate entities. I couldn't reconcile the two because of my own personal distaste for sharia law. I wasn't capable of learning and understanding, because I couldn't be neutral. * +

maxum 6.02.12 - 04:02pm
In mathematics an axiom is a truth that does not need to be proven (divine law), but truths that need to be proven (aspects of sharia law) can be deduced using axioms as a base. * +

maxum 6.02.12 - 04:11pm
It's hard attempting to understand something without becoming involved on a personal level. But I realised that I needed a comprehensive understanding before taking a position, or I'd be cut off entirely. * +

ji_dl 6.02.12 - 04:14pm
good luck with that yawn * +

fireyes 6.02.12 - 04:15pm
i thought u were muslim gigglez * +

maxum 6.02.12 - 04:19pm
Not exciting enough ji? You could mix it up with a bit of copypasting i'm sure. * +

> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-3
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Religion&Beliefs Forum
9 Forum Index

Custom Search