! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Should follow a non-prophet - Page 1/5

Subject: Should follow a non-prophet
Replies: 30 Views: 2464
> »
salam05 4.10.11 - 06:59am
Assalam alaikum... The Prophet (SAW) said, ''Follow Abu Bakr and Umar after me'',... he also said, ''stick to my sunnah and sunnah of rightly guided caliph''.. he also said to some of companions ''if you had obeyed Abu Bakr and Umar, you would hav gone on the right path''.. he also said, ''take qur'an from such and such people (this includ Ubayy and Ibn Mas'ud)''....he also said, ''i am leaving 4 u two things Qur'an and Ahlul Bayt'' and many others * +

salam05 4.10.11 - 07:03am
what does that mean? should we follow a non-Prophet??? No. All these ''following'' is not to be taken in absolute sense. That is why there is no fiqh school which doesn't contradict with atleast one of the companion's position. And all these ppl had disagreement on atleast some issues. in that case Qur'an commands us to Go back to Qur'an and Sunnah.... and only these two. Im quoting some verses * +

salam05 4.10.11 - 07:09am
042:010 Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with God: such is God my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn. * +

salam05 4.10.11 - 07:09am
(004:065) But no, by the Lord, they can have no (real) Faith, until they make thee judge in all disputes between them, and find in their souls no resistance against Thy decisions, but accept them with the fullest conviction. * +

salam05 4.10.11 - 07:11am
(004:059) O ye who believe! Obey God, and obey the Apostle, and those charged with authority among you. If ye differ in anything among yourselves, refer it to God and His Apostle, if ye do believe in God and the Last Day: That is best, and most suitable for final determination. * +

salam05 4.10.11 - 07:14am
Here Allah commanded us to refer back to Allah and His messenger ONLY, in case of dispute. Hence Ulil Amr (rulers and scholars) are not to be obeyed when contradicted by Allah and His messenger. Also this verse prove that everyone can misjudge except Allah and His Messenger. * +

junaid23 4.10.11 - 01:34pm
Ur interpretation leading u astrayed, First bcoz Mohamad s.A.w never b seperatd frm Alay Mohamad, 2nd Mohamad s.A.w himself order to folow Quran and Ahlul Bait a.s...No body among sahaba knws the true meaning of Quranic verses, and none of them knws the true sunnah of Mohamad s.A.w.....Only Aima of Ahlul Bait a.s knws when and where Quranic verses been revealed, and why those verses been revealed and for whom those verses been revealed dats y they r the true guide of ummah * +

salam05 4.10.11 - 08:56pm
Your hypotheses are not of any weight here. I've quoted Qur'an. Besides hadith thaqalain is not the only hadith in the world...the first hadith i mentioned is more explicit in its implication when we look at arabic word. There are others, but we do not believ in cherry picking. We care for all evidences befor reachin at a conclusion. * +

> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-5
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Religion&Beliefs Forum
9 Forum Index

Custom Search