! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Incorrect religious beliefs - Page 1/6

Subject: Incorrect religious beliefs
Replies: 42 Views: 3341
> »
levitt 6.09.11 - 08:05pm
Do you think they exist? What is the standard? * +

airwalkr 6.09.11 - 08:06pm
Depends on which religion your referring to. * +

levitt 6.09.11 - 08:12pm
We find ourselves pointing fingers at wrong beliefs and saying this is true thats not, but how do we measure the validity of a belief? What standard or rule do we place against belief? and who can establish their competence to rule on belief so we can listen to them? How many apologists of different beliefs really speak for God and how many are merely presuming to represent God? * +

levitt 6.09.11 - 08:18pm
@air each religion and each sect in the various religions claims to have the 'truth' and to speak for God. Before we take what a religious apologist tells us about God and religious matters they need to establish their competence and give us reasons to listen to them because they have the 'truth'. But thats the problem. What is an incorrect religious belief and what is the standard for that? * +

beige1 6.09.11 - 08:46pm
They key word is BELIEF. We can't say who's right n who's wrong. We just have belief. * +

iilmadme 6.09.11 - 09:02pm
Wat if we forget about which ppl we are sposed to believe n work it out for ourselves * +

levitt 6.09.11 - 09:11pm
I concur. But then we are without a clearly established standard on religious belief and the authority with which apologists pontificate on right and wrong is without basis. * +

3mel 6.09.11 - 09:12pm
its a very good question. but 1 sign shud be the composure and demeanor of the person concerned. there shud be observable benefits in a person who has understood and therefore applied the word of god i'd say. * +

> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-6
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Religion&Beliefs Forum
9 Forum Index

Custom Search