! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Unusual breakfasts - Page 8/9

Subject: Unusual breakfasts
« <> »
mok214 6.06.20 - 03:34pm

@ vampboy - 6.06.20 - 08:14am
You ought to have a more nutritious breakfast, considering you're busy doing literally..... everything.

I usually do, but sometimes it just something simple like coffee and a dish of medjool dates.
People always hear now that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, but if you study history you will learn eating breakfast in the morning was considered as unusual just one hundred and fifty years ago. Light snacks in the morning are much better for you than eating an entire meal. * +

dan27notts 6.06.20 - 06:24pm
I had a glass of milk and a cream bun this morning * +

kipling 7.06.20 - 09:25am
Chicken tikka * +

mikeymk 7.06.20 - 10:43am
Soup again - tomato and lentil this time * +

vampboy 7.06.20 - 11:30am
4 eggs and toast with butter. And a banana. * +

vampboy 7.06.20 - 11:34am

@ obi_jon - 2.06.20 - 10:49am
The thing about 'breaking the fast', is that it's not even a proper 'fast' being broken as such, it's just a period of time in which you haven't eaten anything. Technically a 'fast' is a period of time for which you have conciously chosen not to eat anything for the duration of, not a period of time in which you don't eat simply because you were doing something else with the time, i.e. sleeping.

That doesn't make sense. Could you explain it again?

You said;

Fasting is not a period of time in which you don't eat simply because you were doing something else with the time, i.e. sleeping

But you can do what you normally would do albeit with less intensity while you fast, and that's a perfectly good fast too. That includes running or even just chilling on the couch and it doesn't exclude sleep either.

Earlier you said 'fast' is a period of time for which you have conciously chosen not to eat anything.

Can't I consciously choose not to eat right before bed during the period of sleep incurred? Why would that break fast? Your bodily functions and metabolism is still functioning while you sleep. How does that negate the effects of ones fast though? * +

bambi60 7.06.20 - 01:07pm
Ystdy I made new potatoes and spring greens had some left ...I made bubble n squeak hash brownies ,fried egg and a crispy fresh roll with butter swoon.gif * +

« <> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-9
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
6 first page
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 General Chat Forum
9 Forum Index