! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Sunburn - Page 7/8

Subject: Sunburn
« <> »
wakeup4 3.06.20 - 01:57pm

@ 3mel - 3.06.20 - 01:22pm
my beans are chilled, that wasn't a confrontational post, more an interesting expansion as far as I was concerned.

And it was an interesting expansion * +

dodgey 3.06.20 - 02:00pm

@ 3mel - 3.06.20 - 01:41pm
I guess. I remember going to Florida and arriving at Miami airport. everyone there had the flop sweats going on, even the locals working in the car rental.
a two hour drive away to our destination we had the same temperatures or higher had nothing like that again.

Thailand is awful for it, if you go the wrong time of year its too humid and you also get savaged by mosquitos. I will never go September or October again. * +

3mel 3.06.20 - 02:10pm
winter in Southern Florida had some crazy weather. in the afternoons around 4pm you get thunder storms but really short.

we went to Walmart to do some food shopping, while we were in there it started to rain so heavily it sounded like hundreds of people were up on the roof using it as a drum. everyone in there stopped and looked up because it was that heavy.
then 20 minutes later as we left the sun was beaming, there wasn't a cloud in the sky and the ground was 95 percent dry so you wouldn't have known it had even just rained. * +

dodgey 3.06.20 - 02:18pm

@ 3mel - 3.06.20 - 02:10pm
winter in Southern Florida had some crazy weather. in the afternoons around 4pm you get thunder storms but really short.

we went to Walmart to do some food shopping, while we were in there it started to rain so heavily it sounded like hundreds of people were up on the roof using it as a drum. everyone in there stopped and looked up because it was that heavy.
then 20 minutes later as we left the sun was beaming, there wasn't a cloud in the sky and the ground was 95 percent dry so you wouldn't have known it had even just rained.

Yes i know, I've been there to St Petersburg and Orlando to Disney etc, tropical rain storms , I really liked them for cooling off. At least its safe there, I was sat in a bar in Thailand in rainy season and all of a sudden it came down, the street I was in turned into a river, I sat in the bar until it all went and dried up a bit which didn't take long, all sorts of things to make walking in that water dangerous, cables and even snakes lol * +

3mel 3.06.20 - 02:30pm
I couldn't be doing with wondering if there's a snake within feet of me. * +

crimson 3.06.20 - 04:06pm

@ piggle - 3.06.20 - 02:46am
How tf do you survive SA? 3 days of sun and I am struggling with the heat

Stayed in the shade, mostly. And SPF50 if I knew I was going in the sun. I'm in Ireland atm, and the weather has been 21ish over the last week. And honestly, it felt like 31 SA weather. Today is cooler, 16. In SA I would have been really cold at 16. * +

wakeup4 3.06.20 - 06:37pm

@ crimson - 3.06.20 - 04:06pm
Stayed in the shade, mostly. And SPF50 if I knew I was going in the sun. I'm in Ireland atm, and the weather has been 21ish over the last week. And honestly, it felt like 31 SA weather. Today is cooler, 16. In SA I would have been really cold at 16.

There you have it our 21c is SAs 31c yes.gif * +

« <> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-8
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
6 first page
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 General Chat Forum