! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Spacewatch v2.0(Official Science Topic) - Page 67/107

Subject: Spacewatch v2.0(Official Science Topic)
« <> »
mok214 11.11.20 - 07:25pm
But in a few years the potentially habital planets is going to be much easier to find. That and brown dwarfs. * +

sisfreak2017 11.11.20 - 07:28pm
What was it like on Mars, Mok? And would you go back again if you were given another chance to return ? * +

trunking 13.11.20 - 10:41pm
Hoatzin are like proper Dino birds.
Pretty cool
Their chicks are known for having claws on two of their wing digits * +

trunking 13.11.20 - 10:46pm
Anybody grew their own artemia (or brine shrimp)? Chin.gif
Those are those 'sea monkey' thingies
Changed little externally since the Triassic period.

Would love keeping my own triops Superficial resemblance to Trilobites. * +

mok214 14.11.20 - 03:12am

@ sisfreak2017 - 11.11.20 - 07:28pm
What was it like on Mars, Mok? And would you go back again if you were given another chance to return ?

I gave it over to the Procyon Lotors that live in the lava tunnels on Olympus Mons. Crazy2.gif * +

trunking 14.11.20 - 10:43am
Tuatara, another living fossil
Noted for it's 'third eye' and the prehistoric-looking spiny plates on the back and tail.
Resembling more the crocodilians than a true lizard. * +

trunking 14.11.20 - 10:56am
We all know about the caelocanth.. them and the extant lung fishes (6 species) of S. America, Africa and Australia, the closest living relatives to the first ever tetrapods which gave rise to reptiles, birds, amphibians and mammals.
The lungfishes, however, are more closely related than the two known extant caelocanth species.

''As lobe finned fish were adapting to living in partial water or on land, 420 million years ago during the Devonian, they seem to have split off into multiple groups. Two such branches are known to survive to the present day, the coelacanths and the lungfish.''
* +

« <> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-107
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
6 first page
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 General Chat Forum