! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Monkey Men - Page 5/5

Subject: Monkey Men
« <
crail 17.04.21 - 08:11pm

@ shadow27 - 16.04.21 - 07:59pm
Scientists have successfully created a monkey/human hybrid (plans to use them to produce organs for donation) and they also linked up a monkey with Neuralink. Pretty disturbing stuff.

Maybe the only way animals will exist in the distant future is in some kind of cyborg/hybrid form.

Your thoughts?

Was this thing called kipling? * +

speedracer28 17.04.21 - 08:30pm
lol.gif * +

shadow27 17.04.21 - 09:32pm

@ obi_jon - 17.04.21 - 10:43am
I don't really know where to start with this jumblefuck of irrational thinking and goalpost shifting... so i'll just leave you [link]this:http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Morality[/link] and bid you good day.cya.gif

Will you fu*k off with the gaslighting? Everyone else seems to be capable of discussing the actual topic without resorting to that. * +

shadow27 17.04.21 - 09:35pm

@ tazdevil - 17.04.21 - 07:30pm
I'm sure in a 100 years or so, we may be at a point where it would be tough to have animals around (several are already on the extinct list) but as we learned during the pandemic, nature has its way of equalizing/balancing itself back out - so animals should be fine, evolution would take its course.

Someone mentioned to me possible risks with hybridized organs re: increased risk in regard to viruses etc. Which seems likely to me.. you have viruses that jump from species to species. Surely having hybrid organs increase that risk. * +

shadow27 17.04.21 - 10:53pm

@ tazdevil - 17.04.21 - 07:30pm
Just like the COVID vaccine lol either it could help mankind or it could be another excuse for people to consider someone else 'subhuman' because we are messy af. I'm not a fan of genetic engineering, especially when it involves animals. Obviously, I see the benefit to humans as far as medical purposes go. Although, there is the question of ethics.

With CRISPR gene editing tech available you can bet there are military applications etc being considered. Imagine what could happen if we just take all the various advantages available and slip then into our own DNA.

Or another thing to consider, genetic/racial based biowarfare. * +

obi_jon 18.04.21 - 07:00am

@ shadow27 - 17.04.21 - 09:32pm
Will you fu*k off with the gaslighting? Everyone else seems to be capable of discussing the actual topic without resorting to that.

Telling someone(you) that they're wrong/mistaken is not gaslighting. Suck it up snowflake. /s *

« <

Quick reply:

+ refresh
+ go to page 1-5
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
6 first page
+ bookmark
8 General Chat Forum
9 Forum Index