! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

UBI - Page 5/6

Subject: UBI
« <> »
piggle 15.08.20 - 11:50pm
Also the big boys need skivvies and skivvies don't skiv if they're doing alright. * +

shadow27 16.08.20 - 12:01am

@ piggle - 15.08.20 - 11:50pm
I find it difficult to envision what happens when a ubi is implemented en masse. I reckon we would create a new relative poverty pretty quickly

''when''?

But we already have it. * +

banjo 16.08.20 - 10:52am
. * +

banjo 16.08.20 - 10:55am

@ 3mel - 15.08.20 - 02:26pm
all government funds come from taxes.

maybe as a tiered system where the more skill or qualifications a career required effected the tier of standardised pay you'd be seeing.
you can't have doctors and binmen on the same money.

it would be too much for many people to stomach as a concept, not sure I'd like it that much myself. I do suspect however that if everyone got to experience it upon the magical click of someone's fingers, a lot more people would like some of the benefits it produced.

huge changes to society require everyone to recognise the approaching precipice of doom before enough will existed to try something new. it'll never happen.

no they dont. Most developed countries just print money and add that to the pot. Perfectly good strategy as long as its not overdone and hyperinflationary. Most modern economic theory is built on the idea. Oh and yes, it will happen , sooner than many think * +

banjo 16.08.20 - 10:59am
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-07-17/what-is-modern-monetary-theory/12455806 * +

mikeymk 16.08.20 - 11:10am
The more money people have, the more expensive things become. There will always be poor. It's just a question of whether to allow some to be rich. * +

alvar89 16.08.20 - 11:12am
It has its ups and downs. If the system goes fully government controlled it will be communism. State run stores like you have in cuba with no products in them. Money will be worthless just like food stamps. Will be limited to what you get. The upside would be if the very poor in the bottom would get enough money to survive they could actually focus on bettering there lives to earn more and to want more from life. Fighting just to be fed should not excist anymore. But We need a free market and salary differences to have a healthy competitive market innovating better products. Corporations should be limited alot more so they would not kill small businesses and farming. There should be better laws at the top definetly. Money will not be based so much on credit for value you have produced if all get the same amount. * +

« <> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-6
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
6 first page
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 General Chat Forum
9 Forum Index