! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Gang members and Council Housing. - Page 4/5

Subject: Gang members and Council Housing.
« <> »
ladibud 23.06.18 - 11:34am

@ ogdenz - 23.06.18 - 08:50am
Families of gang members who are living in council housing should have those homes taken from them in order to deter criminals,So says home Govt minister Victoria Atkins.

not taken from them.. but moving them may help... to get the person away from the gang and free to start anew.. not guaranteed that it will work but jailing then and then returning them to the same environment again wont help ... sometimes jailing them can even lead to more gang involvement... there isnt a one answer fits all. * +

3mel 23.06.18 - 11:38am

@ say.what - 23.06.18 - 11:32am
They go to jail, released.. And repeat, I grew up with many people like that, it wasn't so much about gangs then but it's still pretty similar behaviour

yeah I know exactly what you mean, repeat offending isn't something new nor making the lives of those around you miserable.
just make it part of their licence conditions that they aren't allowed back into their old neighbourhood, don't punish their entire flipping family for it. * +

ladibud 23.06.18 - 11:40am

@ 3mel - 23.06.18 - 11:38am
yeah I know exactly what you mean, repeat offending isn't something new nor making the lives of those around you miserable.
just make it part of their licence conditions that they aren't allowed back into their old neighbourhood, don't punish their entire flipping family for it.

separating a family is slow punishing the whole family... what if the person is a minor to start with * +

say.what 23.06.18 - 11:43am
It does or can make the lives of people around more difficult/uncomfortable..my 'best Mate' has spent more life inside than out.. He knows who is in and what prison at any given time, he really does treat it like a social club.. It's his life now * +

dan27notts 23.06.18 - 11:44am

@ ogdenz - 23.06.18 - 11:00am
Okay if they move in next to you Dan? In theory would you be happy about that?

No i wouldnt, but what about the people already living next door to them, are they happy about that either? Probably not.
Whst if some scumbag family bought the house next door to me with their own money? I wouldn't be happy about that either * +

3mel 23.06.18 - 11:44am

@ ladibud - 23.06.18 - 11:40am
separating a family is slow punishing the whole family... what if the person is a minor to start with

depends on the size of the area of exclusion, gang territories aren't that big that a bus ride wouldn't cover it. * +

dan27notts 23.06.18 - 11:45am

@ ladibud - 23.06.18 - 11:40am
separating a family is slow punishing the whole family... what if the person is a minor to start with

If theyre a minor then they move the whole family living in that house * +

« <> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-5
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
6 first page
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 General Chat Forum