! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Universal Income. - Page 3/19

Subject: Universal Income.
« <> »
obi_jon 21.03.20 - 01:39pm

@ ogdenz - 21.03.20 - 01:28pm
IDS the other day said a UBI would disincentivise people to work. Thing is we want and need now..people who don't need to work to stay at home.
Also the powers that be wouldn't want it to be a success.

Mr Dunked-in Shit would say that wouldn't he. * +

obi_jon 12.04.20 - 09:00am
[link]http://www.bloomberg.com/amp/news/articles/2020-04-05/spanish-government-aims-to-roll-out-basic-income-soon[/link]

Spain is looking to roll out a UBI asap due to the coronavirus crisis, and wants to make it permanent even after the crisis is over. * +

eyesore 12.04.20 - 09:12am
I think with the rise of AI it's inevitable. But not yet . That's for the future. Just how it would be paid for I don't know * +

mardy 12.04.20 - 09:15am

@ wakeup4 - 24.04.16 - 09:48pm
No the minimum wage was bad enough now cleaners earn the same as some semi skilled

What a strange reply, minimum wage is needed 2 survive n plenty of ppl scrimp and scrape on that after paying bills, cleaners deserve more than minimum wage in my opinion, semi skilled should have higher wages if u think that thats a problem my sister is a cleaner in a hospital and doesnt get much over minimum wage all while cleaning covid-19 wards and they are told they dont need full PPE for their job * +

3mel 12.04.20 - 09:17am

@ eyesore - 12.04.20 - 09:12am
I think with the rise of AI it's inevitable. But not yet . That's for the future. Just how it would be paid for I don't know

interesting, you'd think governments would have looked at the possible futures with automation and come out against it.
do they exist without a tax paying populace ? * +

eyesore 12.04.20 - 09:20am
I have no idea but AI is going to keep advancing, there's no stopping that. Some new system will have to evolve * +

eyesore 12.04.20 - 09:21am

@ obi_jon - 12.04.20 - 09:00am
[link]http://www.bloomberg.com/amp/news/articles/2020-04-05/spanish-government-aims-to-roll-out-basic-income-soon[/link]

Spain is looking to roll out a UBI asap due to the coronavirus crisis, and wants to make it permanent even after the crisis is over.

And just how are they going to pay for that? No way will the EU allow that. Why should the north carry the south the whole system is farce * +

« <> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-19
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
6 first page
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 General Chat Forum
9 Forum Index