! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Space Watch - Page 3/632

Subject: Space Watch
« <> »
obi_jon 7.09.11 - 09:43am
The weather forcast for this evening is good where I am. crossfinger * +

driverii 7.09.11 - 09:45am
Ursa major is the closest large constallation to the north star and is approx its own length away from the north star. I'd be very worried if ursa major ever vanished below the horizon. It would mean the earth had tilted onto its side lol * +

phallica 7.09.11 - 09:47am
I've seen the same thing, an ultra bright star with the same luminosity as the ISS, but stationary. * +

obi_jon 7.09.11 - 09:49am
Yes you're quite right about the pole star driv, so it can't dip below can it. d*mn it, I want answers now! * +

obi_jon 7.09.11 - 09:54am
It's the M101 galaxy. * +

driverii 7.09.11 - 09:59am
Obviously the supernova was brightest at the moment it went bang and as it expands rapidly it cools and dims. If ya think about it light from our sun takes 8 mins to reach us. If it went supernova its light would hit us mere seconds before the exploding star matter hit us and our solar system would be entirely wiped out in a matter of days, the light diminishing all the while * +

obi_jon 7.09.11 - 10:09am
No sorry thats wrong. Its white dwarf star M101 in the 'pinwheel' galaxy. It was only discovered in August this year and scientists immediately initiated 'operating override procedures' for the Hubble Space Telescope and have booted off all the other bods to have a better look! lookatme * +

« <> »

This topic is locked!

+ go to page 1-632
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
6 first page
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 General Chat Forum
9 Forum Index

Custom Search