! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Tablet/Laptop? - Page 2/11

Subject: Tablet/Laptop?
« <> »
revelz 12.03.24 - 11:46pm
U can get plug ins though, ooh err . . . CraiL is right though if you cant think of anything its prob a waste of money, im pretty sure you can get cloud storage on tablets too if its more memory you want * +

crail 13.03.24 - 12:00am
I recommend the Samsung galaxy tab s9 ultra. They also come in a 1tb model * +

faun 13.03.24 - 12:37am
I have both, but i never use the tablet. Why would i..?

I'm currently sat up in bed with the laptop on my lap - but i'm not using it's monitor. It runs an HDMI to the 65'' telly on the wall about 15ft in front of me, and that is the monitor. The sound is, therefore, played by the stereo in HD via the telly.

At the moment i have four tabs. One is Youtube, playing music (but i'll probably watch something in a bit). Up on the screen currently i obviously have this page and comments box, so no real excuse for typos... Being windows 10, switching tabs or moving tiles about on the big screen comes naturally, it's the same as using a PC. I like the physical keypad, and just looking up at where the mouse arrow is.

What can the tablet do? Can't plug an HDMI into it so i'm stuck with it's little screen, half covered by a keypad, and whilst it can Bluetooth music to the telly it doesn't like playing on a background tab unless it's pulled out of full screen. So then i've still got the telly on to use that for music/film.

I prefer the laptop even when using it's screen, such as when the brat's watching the telly (tho this is rare, as she just uses her own tablet). The laptop's as portable and comfortable to use as the tablet, which also has to be placed somewhere - why hold it..?

I think the only use for the tablet is out the house, but then i just use my phone. I never use the tablet. Why would i... * +

crail 13.03.24 - 12:41am

@ faun - 13.03.24 - 12:37am
I have both, but i never use the tablet. Why would i..?

I'm currently sat up in bed with the laptop on my lap - but i'm not using it's monitor. It runs an HDMI to the 65'' telly on the wall about 15ft in front of me, and that is the monitor. The sound is, therefore, played by the stereo in HD via the telly.

At the moment i have four tabs. One is Youtube, playing music (but i'll probably watch something in a bit). Up on the screen currently i obviously have this page and comments box, so no real excuse for typos... Being windows 10, switching tabs or moving tiles about on the big screen comes naturally, it's the same as using a PC. I like the physical keypad, and just looking up at where the mouse arrow is.

What can the tablet do? Can't plug an HDMI into it so i'm stuck with it's little screen, half covered by a keypad, and whilst it can Bluetooth music to the telly it doesn't like playing on a background tab unless it's pulled out of full screen. So then i've still got the telly on to use that for music/film.

I prefer the laptop even when using it's screen, such as when the brat's watching the telly (tho this is rare, as she just uses her own tablet). The laptop's as portable and comfortable to use as the tablet, which also has to be placed somewhere - why hold it..?

I think the only use for the tablet is out the house, but then i just use my phone. I never use the tablet. Why would i...

Hdmi? Old skool tech. Ever heard of screen mirroring? Even sh*t tvs can do that * +

crail 13.03.24 - 12:46am
Might be input lag though. I use a nvidia shield pro for all my tv fun, and a smart amp * +

crail 13.03.24 - 12:52am
No need for Bluetooth these days. It's all wifi * +

faun 13.03.24 - 12:57am
Still need to have the virtual keypad on the screen, which isn't so easy to use (and still stuck with the limitations of a tablet's OS, as i don't do Apple).

The laptop could probably do mirroring anyway.

Youtube in particular is much better on Windows than Android, i do occasionally use the telly's apps but they're much easier to use with the laptop. * +

« <> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-11
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
6 first page
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 General Chat Forum
9 Forum Index