! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

UK Politics cont... - Page 2/1549

Subject: UK Politics cont...
« <> »
ogdenz 22.09.19 - 12:40am
Calling Churchill an ars*hole doesn't mean we should have to pick or even have an opinion on who we feel should have been in his position instead.
Also on a personal level my dislike of Churchill has nothing to do with him re his actions during WW2. (In the main) * +

9362 22.09.19 - 01:09am
I take it that you agree he was a great war leader then if you cannot offer any alternative leader or plan of action * +

ogdenz 22.09.19 - 01:34am
Not really. I just ain't a fan of people like him. Racists aren't high up on my Christmas card list.
Is there anything you don't like about Churchill?
* +

tranie 22.09.19 - 02:39am

@ 9362 - 22.09.19 - 12:32am
Still waiting for answers as to who should have been in charge in the war instead of Churchill and what policy they should have pursued. Would they have preferred Lord Halifax? Getting a touch fed up of the constant slagging off by the left of our ww2 heroes. Churchill, bomber Harris, Keith Park, did so much for us... But the left seem to despise them

just because churchill was an arsehole, dosnt mean he wasnt the right man for the job at that moment. He was very much like the Don, he didnt mince words and he was a bit uncouth at times. But thats what we needed at that time. I am not slagging him off for his efforts during the war, mearly saying he was a poor example of a human being in general.

Lady Astor once said to Churchill,''If you were my husband, Id poison your tea, to which he responded, Madam, if you were my wife, Id drink it''
lol.gif * +

1clivey1 22.09.19 - 05:41am
lol love it! * +

9362 22.09.19 - 07:36am

@ tranie - 22.09.19 - 02:39am
just because churchill was an arsehole, dosnt mean he wasnt the right man for the job at that moment. He was very much like the Don, he didnt mince words and he was a bit uncouth at times. But thats what we needed at that time. I am not slagging him off for his efforts during the war, mearly saying he was a poor example of a human being in general.

Lady Astor once said to Churchill,''If you were my husband, Id poison your tea, to which he responded, Madam, if you were my wife, Id drink it''
lol.gif

Not just Churchill though. Arthur Harris also gets vilified. Inspirational leader of bomber command during the war. Now people attack him for the bombing of Dresden. Never said Churchill was a nice guy but the question I asked was who would his attackers here prefer to have been in charge * +

ogdenz 22.09.19 - 12:56pm
People who don't like Churchill don't have to pick an alternative bast*rd. E.g.The statement I didnt like Margaret Thatcher'' ..doesn't mean I have to have liked Michael Foot. .or recommend Foot instead. * +

« <> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-1549
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
6 first page
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 General Chat Forum
9 Forum Index