! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Assisted Suicide - Page 2/7

Subject: Assisted Suicide
« <> »
dodgey 7.08.19 - 06:14pm
Its an individual choice, I'd rather someone do it using professional help than do it alone and maybe mess it up and become disabled or die a painful death. * +

crimson 7.08.19 - 06:39pm

@ slwnoris - 7.08.19 - 05:59pm
Think about this for a moment... Your pet is starting to become ill, the vet treats the pet and there happy and back to there old self, time goes on and the owner starts to see there pet going down hill, the owner then see the much loved pet struggling and they know there pet is no longer enjoying life in any way, now does the vet say your pet can struggle on maybe for a year of 18 months, does the vet say life is sweet and the poor pet should be made to go on or does he say the we done everything we can and we should let your pet live on in pain? You answer than? As for mental illness it can be just as bad as physical illness, it time the law marker all round the world got to grip on this old problem, is it fair to make a person go on when they know there going to just go down hill and end up bedridden, in pain, and in some cases not even knowing who they are. Let the person make a choice when they want to check out of this world, and let doctor help the person come to a dignified end when they choose, sorry for not breaking this up into paragraphs I still not got the hang of it.

Mental illness can be horrible, yes. I'm very open about my own mental health. I attempted suicide as a teen and probably wouldn't be alive today if I didn't have my daughter. I know exactly how dark life can be. But I also know that I make stupid decisions when sh*t goes crazy. And I feel that I shouldn't be allowed to make decisions on my own during those times. I know (when I'm stable) that my child would suffer everlasting emotional trauma if I were to commit suicide. And of course I don't want to do that to her. But when I go through a bad phase, all I can see is darkness, my own darkness. Its a very selfish illness. I feel that I (and other mental health patients) shouldn't be allowed to make serious decisions during bad phases. The darkness doesn't last forever. * +

crimson 7.08.19 - 06:43pm

@ 3mel - 7.08.19 - 06:10pm
I guess if you can be helped by another person, then they could be a doctor or nurse, and the method a painless one.

also simply having someone in the room is going to be of enormous comfort. your life is already so bad that you want to end it, facing that alone seems an excess of misery.

Suicide can be painless without medical staff.

But not wanting to be alone makes sense. I didn't consider that at all. * +

crimson 7.08.19 - 06:48pm

@ dodgey - 7.08.19 - 06:14pm
Its an individual choice, I'd rather someone do it using professional help than do it alone and maybe mess it up and become disabled or die a painful death.

Oh yeah, fu*king it up could be horrible. Yikes. * +

dan27notts 7.08.19 - 07:56pm
Should be allowed i think * +

sisfreak2017 7.08.19 - 08:27pm
Only for the terminal ill people in a bad way. * +

mikeymk 7.08.19 - 10:01pm
No. There are all manner of problems with it. * +

« <> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-7
+ my page
+ functions