! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

What's cooking? - Page 2/4

Subject: What's cooking?
« <> »
eyesore 18.07.19 - 08:30pm

@ mikeymk - 18.07.19 - 03:26pm
You don't wanna Google that.

You're right . I'll stay happy in my ignorance * +

bambi99 18.07.19 - 08:37pm
When cooking pasta ,put a bit of stock flavouring in the cooking water ,jazzes it up nicely ,I use marigold bouillon good.gif * +

phallica 18.07.19 - 08:55pm
when i ungry i eat cornflaeeek * +

xivanax 18.07.19 - 08:58pm

@ obi_jon - 18.07.19 - 03:33pm
Quick and easy crispy egg rolls.

I saw this recipe on tv over the weekend. I've made it 3 times since then and it's rapidly establishing itself as a new favourite.

You will need eggs, butter(or olive oil), flour tortillas, a bowl or mixing jug and a non-stick frying pan that is big enough for the tortillas to lay flat inside, plus any extra fillings that you decide to use(optional).

Beat the eggs in a bowl/mixing jug and then melt a little butter in the pan. So far just like making an omelette.
Pour in just enough egg to thinly cover the base of the pan.
Before the egg has fully set firm in the pan, place a flour tortilla on top so that it sticks to the uncooked egg.
After a few more seconds, flip the whole thing over onto the tortilla side to toast for a minute or so.
At this point you can add whatever filling you want(grated cheese, sliced ham, sliced spring onions, sauteed mushrooms, pretty much anything you might put into an omelette really) spread out evenly on top of the egg.
Now slide the whole thing out onto a plate and roll it up like a big fat cigar, as tightly as you can without bursting it.
Cut it in half and serve it with your favourite condiment for dipping.yumyum.gif

Was that from that lass that won gbbo? Nadia i think her name is * +

obi_jon 18.07.19 - 09:08pm

@ xivanax - 18.07.19 - 08:58pm
Was that from that lass that won gbbo? Nadia i think her name is

Yes it was.nod.gif * +

xivanax 18.07.19 - 09:13pm

@ obi_jon - 18.07.19 - 09:08pm
Yes it was.nod.gif

She is good. Am doing her soup pot over the weekend. And the fish dish tomorrow (if i get a fry). Will let you know how it goes * +

sisfreak2017 18.07.19 - 09:24pm

Sweetened condensed milk into ''Dulce de Leche'' caramel sauce.

Place in the unopened can in warm water ,fully submerged by about 25mm.
Bring to boil then simmer for 2 to 3 hours. Don't let it boil dry. Keep it submerged ir you'll have a very messy , but tasty explosion.

When the time has passed remove from pan and allow it to cool off..Don't open it whilst hot or the Dulce de Leche will paint you Afro Caribbean.

I'd avoid the ring pull type cans due to the pressur.
* +

« <> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-4
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
6 first page
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 General Chat Forum