! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Justice in Singapore - Page 2/5

Subject: Justice in Singapore
« <> »
budgiesmuggler 17.01.19 - 02:45am

@ ogdenz - 17.01.19 - 12:57am
So you would feel the same about sharia punishments?

They're the best ones.
* +

ogdenz 17.01.19 - 02:57am

@ budgiesmuggler - 17.01.19 - 02:45am
They're the best ones.

Hands...hand up all those who agree? * +

ladibud 17.01.19 - 09:02am

@ ogdenz - 17.01.19 - 12:57am
So you would feel the same about sharia punishments?

how is this relevant to the topic and quoted reply?

* +

ogdenz 17.01.19 - 09:07am
Well I see both the caning and sharia punishments as extreme. Therefore dodge agreeing with the caning law suggests he would be fine with some of the sharia punishments. I find that odd for someone who isn't a fan if Islam. * +

ladibud 17.01.19 - 09:11am

@ ogdenz - 17.01.19 - 09:07am
Well I see both the caning and sharia punishments as extreme. Therefore dodge agreeing with the caning law suggests he would be fine with some of the sharia punishments. I find that odd for someone who isn't a fan if Islam.

but that's not what he said. whether he is for it or against it isn't the subject here and isn't relevant because in this topic he just basically said follow the rules of the country you are in or be punished by their justice system. which is correct. as much as I despise this sort of thing, If you break the law of a country then you need to accept their punishments. * +

ogdenz 17.01.19 - 09:37am

@ ladibud - 17.01.19 - 09:11am
but that's not what he said. whether he is for it or against it isn't the subject here and isn't relevant because in this topic he just basically said follow the rules of the country you are in or be punished by their justice system. which is correct. as much as I despise this sort of thing, If you break the law of a country then you need to accept their punishments.

Well that's my answer. I agree that when in Rome etc. That doesn't mean one wouldn't wish the law was changed. * +

bozzalad 17.01.19 - 10:08am

@ 9362 - 17.01.19 - 12:11am
A British man has been sentenced to receive the cane 24 times for drug offences in Singapore. His family say the punishment doesn't fit the crime. I think it's fair enough. Their rules, the chance you take. Wish this country had harsher laws

good * +

« <> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-5
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
6 first page
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 General Chat Forum