! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

trump/politics:..... - Page 2/527

Subject: trump/politics:.....
« <> »
shadow27 1.04.18 - 05:52am
Obi_jon : And the advent of social media has amplified this to an unparalleled and terrifying degree.

I would hate to think back to the days where we were all merely passive consumers of news. Social media has given many people a voice they otherwise never would have found.

Controlling the flow of information is a much more difficult task nowadays, I can see why some would be put out by that. * +

wakeup4 1.04.18 - 09:41am

@ 3mel - 31.03.18 - 11:55pm
re: Ingram @wakeup

yes she had a pop at him, because she doesn't like the idea of him being pretty successful at getting his message out there.
she said he was whining about not getting a place, but the article and video she was referencing don't depict anything remotely like that.
she was just being a c*nt for the sake of it and tried to grovel her way out of the backlash she got for it.
I wouldn't want her faux apology either.

Yet Hogg gets away with this because hes the globalists poster boy. BREAKING: DAVID HOGG CELEBRATES MOSQUITOES KILLING BILLIONS OF HUMANS
Anti-gun figure jokes about human depopulation for the environment [link]https://www.infowars.com/breaking-david-hogg-celebrates-mosquitoes-killing-billions-of-humans/[/link] * +

obi_jon 1.04.18 - 09:52am

@ shadow27 - 1.04.18 - 05:52am
Obi_jon : And the advent of social media has amplified this to an unparalleled and terrifying degree.

I would hate to think back to the days where we were all merely passive consumers of news. Social media has given many people a voice they otherwise never would have found.

Controlling the flow of information is a much more difficult task nowadays, I can see why some would be put out by that.

It's also given ''bad actors'' a tool to manipulate those people without them realising it.hypnotise.gif
[link]http://youtu.be/J54k7WrbfMg[/link]
@1:21 - ''That thought process was all about: 'How do we consume as much of your time and conscious attention as possible?' And that means that we need to...give you a little dopamine hit every once in a while [via likes, etc]...and that's going to get you to contribute more content, and that's going to get you...more likes and comments. It's a social validation feedback loop.''
2:01 - ''...the...creators [of fb]... understood this consciously, and we did it anyway.'' * +

obi_jon 1.04.18 - 09:55am
3:06 - ''Consumer internet businesses are about exploiting psychology.''
3:54 - ''I feel treendous guilt''
[over Facebooks exploitation of consumer behavior ...its divisive effect on society] ... ''Even though we feigned this whole line of, like, There probably arent any really bad unintended consequences, I think in the back, deep, deep recesses of our minds, we kind of knew something bad could happen,''
4:23 - ''n..we have created tools that are ripping apart the social fabric of how society works. That is truly where we are.''
4:42 - ''If you feed the beast, that beast will destroy you. If you push back on it, we have a chance to control it and rein it in. And it is a point in time where people need to hard break from some of these tools and the things that you rely on. The short-term, dopamine-driven feedback loops that we have created are destroying how society works. No civil discourse, no cooperation, misinformation, mistruth. And it's not an American problem. This is not about Russian ads. This is a global problem. So we are in a really bad state of affairs right now, in my opinion. It is eroding the core foundations of how people behave by, and between, each other. And I don't have a good solution. You know, my solution is I just don't use these tools anymore. I haven't for years. It's created huge tension with my friends. Huge tensions in my social circles.'' * +

obi_jon 1.04.18 - 09:59am
5:55 - ''... I... innately didn't want to get programmed, and so I just tuned it out. ... And now to see what is happening, it really bums me out.''
6:41 - ''...bad actors can now manipulate large swathes of people to do anything you want.''
6:58 - ''...we compound the problem. ... We curate our lives around this perceived sense of perfection because we get rewarded in these short-term signals: hearts, likes, thumbs up. And we conflate that with value, and we conflate it with truth. And instead what it really is is fake brittle popularity - that's short term, and that leaves you even more, and admit it, vacant and empty [than] before you did it, because it forces you into this vicious cycle where you're like, 'What's the next thing I need to do now?' 'cause I need it back. Think about that compounded by 2 billion people. And then think about how people react to the perceptions of others. It's just... really, really bad.'' * +

obi_jon 1.04.18 - 10:02am
8:08 - ''I can control my decisions, which is 'I don't use this sh*t.' I can control my kids' decisions which is 'they're not allowed to use this sh*t.' ... But everybody else has to soul search a little bit more about what you're willing to do, because your behaviors... You don't realize it, but you are being programmed.''
9:05 - ''Start by turning off your social apps and giving your brain a break. 'Cause then you will at least be a little bit more motivated to not be motivated by what everybody else fu*kin thinks about you.''
9:18 - ''...posting your fu*king waffles online... is wiring your brain for superfast feedback. ... So you're training your brain here, whether you think it or not... These things where you're spending hours a day are rewiring your psychology and physiology...''
10:09 - ''There's a reason why Steve Jobs was, like, anti-social media.
I am telling you I am not on these fu*king apps.''
10:19 - ''...I am proactively trying to rewire my brain chemistry to not be short-term focused.'' * +

obi_jon 1.04.18 - 10:10am
''Start by turning off your social apps and giving your brain a break. 'Cause then you will at least be a little bit more motivated to not be motivated by what everybody else fu*kin thinks about you.''

I've never used them, maybe that's why I don't give a fu*k what anybody else thinks about me. * +

« <> »

This topic is locked!

+ go to page 1-527
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
6 first page
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 General Chat Forum
9 Forum Index

Custom Search