! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Universal Credit. - Page 2/39

Subject: Universal Credit.
« <> »
crabit.1 8.11.17 - 08:18pm
How does somebody on 35 hours a week even on minimum wage need any input from a job centre? Confuse.gif * +

ogdenz 8.11.17 - 08:20pm

@ crabit.1 - 8.11.17 - 08:18pm
How does somebody on 35 hours a week even on minimum wage need any input from a job centre? Confuse.gif

They need to look for more work apparently..i think if you are working 35 hours a week you are okay..any less and claiming some benefits..inckuding housing benefit them you need to attend..to learn how to find more work. * +

ogdenz 8.11.17 - 08:27pm
Under UC workers on low incomes will be made to look for extra hours as a condition for receiving the benefit.
If they are earning less than the equivalent of the minimum wage at 35 hours a week they will be placed in one of the Labour market regimes,otherwise termed a work related activity group or conditiinality group. Claimants will be incentivused to secure more work by attending regular work focused interviews. * +

bozzalad 8.11.17 - 08:29pm
scrap zero hours problem partially solved * +

mikeymk 8.11.17 - 08:30pm
Yes. * +

mikeymk 8.11.17 - 08:31pm

@ ogdenz - 8.11.17 - 08:27pm
Under UC workers on low incomes will be made to look for extra hours as a condition for receiving the benefit.
If they are earning less than the equivalent of the minimum wage at 35 hours a week they will be placed in one of the Labour market regimes,otherwise termed a work related activity group or conditiinality group. Claimants will be incentivused to secure more work by attending regular work focused interviews.

Seems fair. I remember chatting to a colleague in the 90s about hours, and she said she only did 16hrs because after that she pays tax and it affects her benefits.

Why should I prop-up people who don't wanna work full time? * +

ogdenz 8.11.17 - 08:32pm
Yep scrap zero hours. * +

« <> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-39
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
6 first page
7 last page