! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

council - Page 2/6

Subject: council
« <> »
endemic 20.09.17 - 11:21pm
Would good.gif love to live on one of the top floors of the Ponte Tower near Hillbrow, Johannesburg. * +

bozzalad 20.09.17 - 11:28pm
used to * +

eyesore 20.09.17 - 11:43pm
I have in Scotland for a while * +

mikeymk 20.09.17 - 11:55pm
Not sure we have dedicated council estates, but some estates were made from the start to house those building the place, and early inhabitants. They are not pretty, and there are what i call 'eccentric' areas where you find people with 27 cats or matt black camper vans.. they probably own the place but you get the idea. Proper councilly areas are mainly just immigrants now. The more desirable/newer early estates naturally had higher rents but private renting also boomed from the outset, and house prices used to be crazy cheap - the property boom was massive here, as MK was dirt cheap whilst under construction, but came out expensive. I saw a flat go from 16k to 110k in ten years!

As a teen i lived in a mildly posh bit, but it wasn't a factor between friends. Some were from my street, others from council houses, it was more about who you knew. I've always felt more at home in the 'rougher' areas - posh areas are dead, rough areas are buzzing. * +

mikeymk 20.09.17 - 11:56pm
Whoa, bit of Pink Floyd, there. * +

eyesore 21.09.17 - 12:01am
where ? * +

bozzalad 21.09.17 - 12:04am

@ bozzalad - 20.09.17 - 11:28pm
used to

lost thousands when i moved * +

« <> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-6
+ my page