! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Universal Income. - Page 2/19

Subject: Universal Income.
« <> »
obi_jon 21.03.20 - 11:35am
Lots of talk of Universal Basic Income being introduced in the wake of the Coronavirus. It's already being proposed in both the UK and the US as a way to ease pressing financial concerns as more and more people are forced to isolate. * +

bambi60 21.03.20 - 11:51am

@ obi_jon - 21.03.20 - 11:35am
Lots of talk of Universal Basic Income being introduced in the wake of the Coronavirus. It's already being proposed in both the UK and the US as a way to ease pressing financial concerns as more and more people are forced to isolate.

If that's in tandem with all rents and mortgages being suspended it could work * +

obi_jon 21.03.20 - 12:20pm

@ bambi60 - 21.03.20 - 11:51am
If that's in tandem with all rents and mortgages being suspended it could work

It would need to benod.gif and probably utility bills such as water, electric, gas, heating oil, etc as well.
I had a txt from my phone network this morning saying any data used to access NHS and certain other services will be free of charge and/or won't count towards customer's data limits/allowances. * +

birdy 21.03.20 - 12:21pm
Depends what it tastes like. * +

obi_jon 21.03.20 - 12:32pm
It shouldn't be all that hard to implementdontknow.gif, maybe using NI numbers and automatic payments into a specified bank account, or something along those lines. * +

bambi60 21.03.20 - 12:48pm

@ obi_jon - 21.03.20 - 12:32pm
It shouldn't be all that hard to implementdontknow.gif, maybe using NI numbers and automatic payments into a specified bank account, or something along those lines.

[link]https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/mar/21/universal-basic-income-michael-tubbs-stockton-coronavirus[/link] * +

ogdenz 21.03.20 - 01:28pm
IDS the other day said a UBI would disincentivise people to work. Thing is we want and need now..people who don't need to work to stay at home.
Also the powers that be wouldn't want it to be a success. * +

« <> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-19
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
6 first page
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 General Chat Forum