! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Space Watch - Page 2/632

Subject: Space Watch
« <> »
driverii 7.09.11 - 09:21am
Could u clarify one thing? Surely its visible now and has been for sometime. They can't predict a supernova appearing in a few days or weeks or months in advance. They appear when the light reaches us. There is a bright 'star' in the region u describe but i assumed it was jupiter or saturn as i've not noticed a star there before. * +

obi_jon 7.09.11 - 09:25am
I wondered that myself driver, dunno. It looks like a milky patch, so that probably is a passing planet or maybe the ISS, dontknow * +

obi_jon 7.09.11 - 09:29am
Most likely that region of space has just come into view and will disappear back under the horizon at night in 10 days or so! * +

poppyt 7.09.11 - 09:30am
Thankyou obi good I'll have a butchers when these wretched clouds go away....and its night time :) * +

obi_jon 7.09.11 - 09:37am
It said you should be able to see it with the naked eye if you have clear skies and not too much light polution, binoculars/telescopes recommended but not essential! good * +

driverii 7.09.11 - 09:40am
That region of space never dips below horizon as ursa major is used to locate the north star and rotates around it.. The iss moves fast in a straight line across the sky so what i've seen must be a planet. I shall look tonight weather permitting. * +

shadow27 7.09.11 - 09:42am
Oh right.. d*mnit. Not visible from here is it? blood typical * +

« <> »

This topic is locked!

+ go to page 1-632
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
6 first page
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 General Chat Forum