! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

whatsapp refuse to help police - Page 17/18

Subject: whatsapp refuse to help police
« <> »
obi_jon 28.06.17 - 05:23pm
Imagine if an ultra right/left wing party was in power, they could use such powers to identify people on the left/right and then round them up and send them to the gulags/concentration camps or even execute them. What if someone like Hitler or Stalin had had such powers?
Yes these are extreme examples but they're certainly not beyond the realms of possibility, such things have happened before and they could happen again. * +

ungers 28.06.17 - 05:36pm

@ bambi99 - 26.03.17 - 11:27pm
I do think there has to be limits to what can be accessed , so by default I have to say I agree with the WhatsApp stance ....

I did not read the entire topic, but they can turn on your phone camera and microphone,on Samsung phones it has been done already for the last 3 years, also, the same applies to some Samsung televisions....they can see and hear everything wherever the tv is placed.....same with laptops......... * +

obi_jon 30.06.17 - 04:39pm

@ wakeup4 - 28.06.17 - 04:44pm
Unless you don't trust them with the data. How about deporting or locking up known jihadis for a start.

I wouldn't trust them with anyone's data.nono.gif Especially not when you already have data-mining companies like Cambridge Analytica doing stuff like [link]this:https://medium.com/privacy-international/cambridge-analytica-explained-data-and-elections-6d4e06549491[/link]. I believe using companies like them for political purposes should be made illegal, or we risk it becoming some kind of Orwellian nightmare scenariodislike.gif. * +

bozzalad 30.06.17 - 04:58pm

@ obi_jon - 28.06.17 - 05:23pm
Imagine if an ultra right/left wing party was in power, they could use such powers to identify people on the left/right and then round them up and send them to the gulags/concentration camps or even execute them. What if someone like Hitler or Stalin had had such powers?
Yes these are extreme examples but they're certainly not beyond the realms of possibility, such things have happened before and they could happen again.

i would be far more concerned about lefties having to much info, if fact i am * +

obi_jon 30.06.17 - 05:01pm
One of Cambridge Analytica's owners is billionaire republican party financial donor Robert Mercer. Far-right religious nutjob and Trump 'advisor' Steve Bannon is on their board of directors. They also worked on Arron Banks' Leave.EU brexit campaign, gathering data to create psychometric profiles in order to micro-target specifically tailored information to potential leave voters. Which is shadey as fuck.dislike.gif * +

obi_jon 30.06.17 - 05:49pm

@ bozzalad - 30.06.17 - 04:58pm
i would be far more concerned about lefties having to much info, if fact i am

So you should be. It can definitely work both ways. Like I said, imagine what Stalin might have done with such tools at his disposal, or more pertinently what a modern day version of him would do. Bannon actually describes himself as a 'Leninist'. Make of that what you will. * +

bozzalad 30.06.17 - 06:03pm

@ obi_jon - 30.06.17 - 05:49pm
So you should be. It can definitely work both ways. Like I said, imagine what Stalin might have done with such tools at his disposal, or more pertinently what a modern day version of him would do. Bannon actually describes himself as a 'Leninist'. Make of that what you will.

or a corbyn * +

« <> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-18
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
6 first page
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 General Chat Forum