! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Sexist TFL Women only taxis ? - Page 16/17

Subject: Sexist TFL Women only taxis ?
« <> »
3mel 18.02.18 - 11:02am
the thing about hate crimes is that the hate is supposed to be linked to a crime. without both one hasn't transpired.
* +

recurve16 18.02.18 - 11:18am

@ tranie - 18.02.18 - 10:41am
Can I ask for a non Muslim taxi driver just in case they decide to commit an atrocity while I am in their cab? Or would that be islamaphobic?

Good luck tryin to get a non muslim taxi driver these days... * +

bozzalad 18.02.18 - 11:22am

@ 3mel - 18.02.18 - 11:02am
the thing about hate crimes is that the hate is supposed to be linked to a crime. without both one hasn't transpired.

supposed to be but isn't, obviously
examples
man arrested for burning his own quran in his own home
man arrested for calling a trans gender woman he instead of she
woman arrested for requesting a white doctor
doubtless there a countless others * +

3mel 18.02.18 - 11:30am

@ bozzalad - 18.02.18 - 11:22am
supposed to be but isn't, obviously
examples
man arrested for burning his own quran in his own home
man arrested for calling a trans gender woman he instead of she
woman arrested for requesting a white doctor
doubtless there a countless others

I've heard of one ridiculous case where that was the charge made (I'm not saying there aren't more). keeping in mind that that should be the standard is gonna be helpful in speaking to the police or the courts, if not that then someone has probably lied about what your actions were or we don't have all the details. * +

bozzalad 18.02.18 - 11:32am

@ 3mel - 18.02.18 - 11:30am
I've heard of one ridiculous case where that was the charge made (I'm not saying there aren't more). keeping in mind that that should be the standard is gonna be helpful in speaking to the police or the courts, if not that then someone has probably lied about what your actions were or we don't have all the details.

i think it is deliberate, an attempt at policing thoughts, that can never end well * +

tranie 18.02.18 - 12:24pm

@ dan27notts - 18.02.18 - 10:29am
Here a similar arguement from a different perspective. Ive had asian taxi drivers say they wont pick up black males late at night because they say their more likely to rob them or fare jump from previous experience and from stories from other taxi drivers. Is this racist or is it just keeping themselves safe?

Of course it's racist. It's just an inconvenient truth that they are more likely to be robbed by black males at night. * +

bozzalad 18.02.18 - 12:27pm

@ tranie - 18.02.18 - 12:24pm
Of course it's racist. It's just an inconvenient truth that they are more likely to be robbed by black males at night.

sad but * +

« <> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-17
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
6 first page
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 General Chat Forum