! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Racism or a big to do ... - Page 13/20

Subject: Racism or a big to do ...
« <> »
tazdevil 15.01.18 - 10:30pm

@ ladibud - 15.01.18 - 10:59am
ABIT nothing... A company had a little black boy wearing a shirt for an advert of their little monkey t-shirt. ... Seems many are feeling it is racist.....

What are your thoughts?

It does not seem racist to me. The PC squad has gone mad laugh.gif It was probably an honest 'mistake' not intending to mean the connotation it gave. Should be ignored. I think it is unfortunate that we now live in a society where we constantly have to be aware of what we say and to whom as the slightest 'non-PC' slip can offend, and be turned into a racist/sexist/ageist/fattist thing when it's not. * +

tazdevil 15.01.18 - 10:30pm
1) It is dumb to bring up what colour the kid is to begin with.
2) The kid's mother has no issues with it. It is not offending her, so why make a big deal? People need to chill lol.gif

Getting offended on people's behalf is a silly modern paradigm. No offence was probably intended, but twisted minds/mentalities obsessed with PC tried to make it so. * +

9362 15.01.18 - 11:17pm

@ silverjx - 15.01.18 - 05:48pm
Think a niknak shop got raided last year because they was selling them and refused to move them? Can't remember the details

Were they scampi and lemon flavour? * +

musho77 16.01.18 - 05:42am
when i was in cubs around 88-89 we had a lorry in the swansea carnival we all dressed as black and white minstrels but no way that could be done now police would probably stop the lorry i also had a gollie and i treated it exactly the same as my other teddys , i wasnt 10 when i had the teddy bears though lol * +

bandalot 16.01.18 - 07:00am
Get a grip we all came fae monkys weather your white or black or inbatween im white and proud to have evol from a monkey lol * +

silverjx 16.01.18 - 07:33am

@ eyesore - 15.01.18 - 08:15pm
But it is it? How many blacks are going to boycott them now ....saying that they must of factored it in cause one thing is for sure, they would of known the furore this would cause

Why should they boycott them tho? It's a term of endearment to kids, every kids clothing company prints t-shirts with words of similar effect. As for the model the mother allowed him to put on the t-shirt during the shoot and no idea if the company used an outside agency to take the shoot, edit and post online? . ....more and likely it's people hearing something and not looking at the fuller picture or it could be sjws. Let's be honest it only took a drug dealer to get shot in london to cause mass looting in london * +

eyesore 16.01.18 - 08:54am
Some races thrive on playing the victim and who can blame them they seem to gain by it ....the downside is we get leaders like trump profiting from the flip side of all this and gaining powew * +

« <> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-20
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
6 first page
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 General Chat Forum
9 Forum Index