! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Holocaust Deniers. - Page 12/16

Subject: Holocaust Deniers.
« <> »
vampboy 25.04.18 - 09:22am

@ dodgey - 25.04.18 - 09:21am
Once again you're wrong and im right.

Shrugs, sure thing, old man. * +

tranie 25.04.18 - 09:44am

@ dodgey - 25.04.18 - 07:15am
Yes , Jewish people have a certain look so they are a race, a Hebrew race, they tend to just mix , live and work in their own communities.

yes most jews look alike because of the interbreeding amongst them, but no they are not a race as such. * +

tranie 25.04.18 - 09:46am

@ bambi99 - 24.04.18 - 10:40pm
That's a fair point ...maybe bigotry would be a better term .... dunno.gif

we can call it bigotry if you like, there is a name for it already antisemitisim i know that term dosnt have the same clout as racist thou. * +

kimjongl 25.04.18 - 09:50am

@ vampboy - 25.04.18 - 09:16am
Because modern researches have significantly shown people the possible consequences and effects from denying a genocide on a public level as opposed to 250 years ago.
I don't agree with the rationale that one should be arrested for denying any historical event, but such laws exist for a reason and not just so to pander to the Jews.
There are many studies that indicate the prior mentioned effects.

Think about what you're saying, the responsibility would shift from those actually committing genocide to those simply denying it existed. Total lack of individual responsibility and agency. No one can make anyone do something like murder with words. * +

bambi99 25.04.18 - 09:59am

@ dan27notts - 25.04.18 - 06:18am
Apart from everyone that watched it on tv

That's not first hand though * +

vampboy 25.04.18 - 10:01am

@ kimjongl - 25.04.18 - 09:50am
Think about what you're saying, the responsibility would shift from those actually committing genocide to those simply denying it existed. Total lack of individual responsibility and agency. No one can make anyone do something like murder with words.

Is that the case you see in Turkey where genocide is denied by public at large and education on such genocide is non existent, and where writing on the truth of the matter can even lead to arrest and persecution?
Did you think of it from this perspective or are we to hold the Western society to such a high esteem that we can't possibly contemplate any scenario when a genocide took place and the state denied responsibility for it?
Rather than your theory based on premise that there would be a shift of responsibility from the perpetrator to the denier, isn't it more likely that denial will actually cover up an ongoing genocide and mass killing?

Also anti gencoide laws are covered as part of fundamental human rights, signed and entered into by most states, whereas holocaust denial rules are limited only to a few national jurisdictions, unrecognized by international jurisdictions at large.

I do see your point and know where you are coming from, which is why I made the point clear that I don't agree with sanctions against individuals who deny the Holocaust, but the rationality behind why they exist is more than obvious really. * +

shadow27 25.04.18 - 10:03am
5 years ago:

Cambodia's parliament has approved a bill which makes it illegal to deny that atrocities were committed by the Khmer Rouge in the 1970s.
The move comes amid political in-fighting in the run-up to elections.
Anyone found guilty of denying or playing down the crimes could face up to two years in prison.
About 1.7 million people, about one-third of the population, are thought to have been killed, or died of over-work, starvation or torture from 1975-1979.
Prime Minister Hun Sen proposed the law after an opposition leader apparently blamed Vietnam for some of the deaths and reportedly said that the infamous S-21 torture prison ''was staged''. The lawmaker maintains that the recording of his words was doctored. * +

« <> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-16
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
6 first page
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 General Chat Forum
9 Forum Index