! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Spacewatch v2.0(Official Science Topic) - Page 106/107

Subject: Spacewatch v2.0(Official Science Topic)
« <> »
obi_jon 22.11.23 - 06:50pm

@ obi_jon - 22.11.23 - 06:38pm
Something may be very wrong with our current understanding of the universe. A strange new far-distant object has been observed by the JWST that acts like a massive black hole except that it appears to be emitting regular ''flashes'' of energy, such massive amounts of energy in fact that the data is still being checked to make sure it's accurate and not some sort of weird anomaly or a fault that is causing false readings. If the data is confirmed it may well be the most energetic object ever observed in the universe and may utterly change everything we know, as the emissions appear to break the known laws of physics by travelling at approx 6x the speed of light.whoaa.gif

I have no clue, I mean how do they even measure that? What in the actual fk is going on, it's hurting my head just thinking about it.confuse.gif * +

shadow27 23.11.23 - 01:36am

@ obi_jon - 22.11.23 - 06:38pm
Something may be very wrong with our current understanding of the universe. A strange new far-distant object has been observed by the JWST that acts like a massive black hole except that it appears to be emitting regular ''flashes'' of energy, such massive amounts of energy in fact that the data is still being checked to make sure it's accurate and not some sort of weird anomaly or a fault that is causing false readings. If the data is confirmed it may well be the most energetic object ever observed in the universe and may utterly change everything we know, as the emissions appear to break the known laws of physics by travelling at approx 6x the speed of light.whoaa.gif

I thought they had seen these superluminal jets before?? * +

obi_jon 23.11.23 - 07:17am

@ shadow27 - 23.11.23 - 01:36am
I thought they had seen these superluminal jets before??

Yeah, they've seen relativistic jets from quasars and magnetars before, so called because they appear to contradict Einstein's theory of relativity and seemingly mess about with the space and time around them in ways that aren't really understood yet.. but this one seems to be a completely new category of object that had never been observed before. Like a giant blackhole that is somehow releasing energy in massive but only occasionally detectable flashes, unlike a quasar which are permanently detectable and emit their energy jets constantly like big spinny cosmic lighthouses. * +

obi_jon 23.11.23 - 07:39am
Like I said, the new object has only recently been observed by the JWST and hasn't even been confirmed as being real yet, there could still be other explanations and it may not actually be what they currently think it might be, that's as far as they've got with it really.
One alternative theory is that it might be a Blackhole and a Quasar, or rather a Blackhole that sw*llowed up a Quaser or is still in the process of doing so. * +

obi_jon 23.11.23 - 07:51am
Basically where at the ''Hey you guys, look at this weird new thing we've spotted!'' and everyone is like ''Hang on a minute, that can't be right! Wtf is going on here?'' stage. * +

crail 23.11.23 - 09:04am
[Img]https://i2-prod.dailystar.co.uk/incoming/article25238877.ece/ALTERNATES/s615b/1_maxresdefault.jpg' alt=''/> * +

obi_jon 23.11.23 - 09:39am
He did flash up in my mind as I typed thatlol.gif * +

« <> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-107
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
6 first page
7 last page
+ bookmark