! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Solar Eclipse 2024 - Page 1/2

Subject: Solar Eclipse 2024
Replies: 11 Views: 392
> »
peta 9.04.24 - 06:23am
Apparently it was only visible over this side of the pond, but man we got an eyeful today. NY was in line for totality, which was amazing! Literally no one went to work today. People came out in numbers. I dont ever remember this much fuss about an eclipse, but then again the last total eclipse for NY was in the 20s.

Partial in 2017, got some buzz, but eh.

Difficult to capture with protective wear any only my iPhone, but I got some decent shots in. Amazeballs!

Youre welcome. * +

faun 9.04.24 - 11:36am
We had one in 1999 and it was full. A sunny day was eerie dark for a few moments, i was sat on the roof of my van in a high-ground town centre, and i noted the strange behaviour of the birds in the trees.

Daft, clearly doctored Google pic purely to give you the idea, as i didn't take one.
* +

faun 9.04.24 - 01:04pm
Incidentally, our next one will be nearly full in just a couple of years time - but i won't live to see our next total one.

It's unlikely the brat will either, as it'll be 2090. * +

peta 10.04.24 - 03:32am
Thats amazing! I love seeing the images. Eclipses are phenomenal. If I could ever capture anything like Ive seen it- it would be bonkers!

There was some video about a block of birds who refused to fly away or even move when people approached them. They time of birds your not you ally even get the chan w to be close to. Animals are great pointers of pending natural disasters/ occurrences. I once saw a migration of birds here in the city a day before a hurricane. Thats Ill always remember. * +

ogdenz 10.04.24 - 04:20am
The one in 99 here,i slept through it. Well i woke up but it was dark so i assumed it was still nighttime and went back to sleep.
A friend of mine who is a lazy bug*er stayed in and watched it on TV rather than expend the energy needed to walk 40 feet to the outside and experience it. * +

wildfern 12.04.24 - 10:24am
Wow breath taking... thanks for sharing Peta * +

afridi101 12.04.24 - 11:00am
Didn't see it here! * +

mr.krabs 14.04.24 - 02:01am
We traveled from Memphis to Metropolis Illinois to see it. We went there in 2017 and made a plan then we would do it again. Worth it!!! * +

> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-2
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 General Chat Forum
9 Forum Index

Custom Search