! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

A question of etiquette - Page 2/2

Subject: A question of etiquette
« <
iilmadme 24.03.24 - 11:57am
I think I over think things,especially when i have my own memories.but other people are very different to me,im really conscious of this and i dont want to get it wrong.my other half is an under thinker,in my opinion lol.it never really occurs to him that he might be inconveniencing or irritating anyone * +

obi_jon 24.03.24 - 12:07pm

@ iilmadme - 24.03.24 - 11:45am
It has been a couple of weeks since he died,he was ill for a long time,bless him.the funeral is in two weeks time and we will go.but I think we will pop by to see her this week and play it by ear.i feel as if it is after the funeral that people need to make an effort to stay in touch.beforehand is the right time to offer help and support

Yeah, just play it by ear. I'm sure she won't mind and will just appreciate the support of a friend.good.gif * +

wildfern 24.03.24 - 04:43pm

@ iilmadme - 24.03.24 - 11:45am
It has been a couple of weeks since he died,he was ill for a long time,bless him.the funeral is in two weeks time and we will go.but I think we will pop by to see her this week and play it by ear.i feel as if it is after the funeral that people need to make an effort to stay in touch.beforehand is the right time to offer help and support

Yes mostly definitely ppl need someone after the funeral, that's when it really hits the most n its final, send her a text n keep in contact til she reaches out n let's u know shes up for a visit, my best friend lost her man in December, I sent her flowers n a card, unfortunately I couldn't make the funeral, u rarely hear of TB these days but that's what killed him, my friend now has it n on a 6 months course of antibiotics, I can't go near her til shes got the all clear, it's hard isnt it trying to do what u think is best for the poor soul grieving, I'm sure whatever u do she will appreciate it n be very grateful hug.gif * +

3mel 24.03.24 - 04:48pm
you remember who bothered to phone or show up in times like that, it teaches you who to be grateful for having around. * +

wildfern 24.03.24 - 04:49pm

@ 3mel - 24.03.24 - 04:48pm
you remember who bothered to phone or show up in times like that, it teaches you who to be grateful for having around.

Absolutely Mel * +

revelz 25.03.24 - 01:55am

@ 3mel - 24.03.24 - 04:48pm
you remember who bothered to phone or show up in times like that, it teaches you who to be grateful for having around.

This * +

faun 25.03.24 - 04:01am

@ wildfern - 24.03.24 - 04:43pm
Yes mostly definitely ppl need someone after the funeral, that's when it really hits the most n its final, send her a text n keep in contact til she reaches out n let's u know shes up for a visit, my best friend lost her man in December, I sent her flowers n a card, unfortunately I couldn't make the funeral, u rarely hear of TB these days but that's what killed him, my friend now has it n on a 6 months course of antibiotics, I can't go near her til shes got the all clear, it's hard isnt it trying to do what u think is best for the poor soul grieving, I'm sure whatever u do she will appreciate it n be very grateful hug.gif

I think there's something important in your first point - when it all settles down, and the emptiness/loneliness factor kicks in.. it'll be nice to have someone there for that. *

« <

Quick reply:

+ refresh
+ go to page 1-2
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
6 first page
+ bookmark
8 General Chat Forum
9 Forum Index