! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Bug and maggot based protein in food. - Page 1/4

Subject: Bug and maggot based protein in food.
Replies: 28 Views: 2227
> »
alvar89 31.01.23 - 07:40am
What are your thoughts on food products containing bug or maggot based protein? Is it really going to help with food shortage enough to justify? * +

oudh1 31.01.23 - 08:03am
Its not about food shortages. Bugs are being pushed as a sustainable food with no environmental footprint. Thats ok if youre walking around grabbing one from the ground to snack on . Take shadows pie sweatshop for example. They replace beef with bugs. The farming and footprint is unknown and I suspect it will be no less than that of cattle * +

ogdenz 31.01.23 - 08:03am
Yum yum. * +

alvar89 31.01.23 - 08:06am
Seems more like a easy profit than to mess around with plant based protein to me. chin.gif The poor will most probably end up eating that garbage while the rich choke on there meat still. * +

ogdenz 31.01.23 - 08:19am
Which category do you fall into Alvar? * +

tranie 31.01.23 - 08:53am
I tried locus when in Mexico it tasted like peanut it was only the scales which was a problem. * +

mikeymk 31.01.23 - 09:04am
If i want bugs and maggots in my food i'll source it from the refuse bins. * +

mok214 31.01.23 - 10:02am

@ oudh1 - 31.01.23 - 08:03am
Its not about food shortages. Bugs are being pushed as a sustainable food with no environmental footprint. Thats ok if youre walking around grabbing one from the ground to snack on . Take shadows pie sweatshop for example. They replace beef with bugs. The farming and footprint is unknown and I suspect it will be no less than that of cattle

Actually, that is the lie. Insects and bacteria have the largest environmental impact on this planet ever. I guess you don't know that the Earth has had at least two hyper-oxyghenation events in the past. And that waa not a good thing. * +

> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-4
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 General Chat Forum
9 Forum Index

Custom Search