! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Photos you lost - Page 1/3

Subject: Photos you lost
Replies: 18 Views: 797
> »
mikeymk 14.10.22 - 01:26am
The great photo scrapyard in the sky has gone digital. I just got this idea from Clivey's 21st birthday post.

It reminded me of the person who introduced me to Pro. I have a photo of her standing in the sea. I nearly lost it, as it wasn't on a cloud or device, but i found it on a site's own host.
Point is, there was one of both of us. I doubt that one still exists.

And that takes me to a whole host of other great photos, which were on a device, but never made it to the cloud before the device died.

I don't have a single photo of the brat when she was 1-3yo because my laptop died and i didn't have a cloud at the time.

But an old favourite was a mate on the decks at a flat i had back in the '00s. Crinkle-type Stella can in the foreground. A lot of those '00s photos never made it. Some were lost on Photobucket - absolute crime, that was.

What about you? Got any old digital images in your memory that you know can't be found..? * +

eyesore 14.10.22 - 05:41am
All my early photos of my daughter I backed up on fb so only I could see them ...otherwise they would all be lost * +

alvar89 14.10.22 - 01:12pm
Learned about backing up files the hard way in around 2007 when i had them all on a hardrive that went out. After that i burned them on dvds and eventually started having backup drives. Thing with disk media is that it also goes bad with time especially the cds and dvds. I have managed to pull some stuff of my old phones tho. But the photos have terrible quality. * +

crimson 14.10.22 - 07:50pm
I recently lost quite a lot of photos from the last 2 years on my previous phone. I'm still angry. I was too fu*king lazy to back stuff up. Lesson learned, I have everything on 2 different external hard drives now. * +

ogdenz 14.10.22 - 08:44pm
Same here,i lost lots of photos of family and friends,photos going back to 1990 of gigs and bands i played in. * +

mikeymk 14.10.22 - 09:18pm
I think the SPV C500 phone i had in circa 2005 was 0.5 megapixel, less than half that of the Nokia 7650 i had a couple of years earlier.
This was frustrating because the Nokia's camera was better than 35mm film photos, so i'd sold the film camera with no intention of looking back.

In the end i don't think it matters, as the only pics i had from the '00s were all on Photobucket and my first Acer laptop, both of which expired on me. * +

norega 14.10.22 - 09:57pm

@ alvar89 - 14.10.22 - 01:12pm
Learned about backing up files the hard way in around 2007 when i had them all on a hardrive that went out. After that i burned them on dvds and eventually started having backup drives. Thing with disk media is that it also goes bad with time especially the cds and dvds. I have managed to pull some stuff of my old phones tho. But the photos have terrible quality.

Get some proper achival 100 year discs . Guarantee not to go bad or scratch etc . Not cheap but worth every penny for treasured photos and videos . Best thing is a portable hard drive and keep it at a separate location that way even if a fire burns your house down its backed up . Never ever trust cloud storage * +

sisfreak2017 14.10.22 - 10:15pm
I'm ok. All my data is stored on Papyrus. * +

> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-3
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 General Chat Forum