! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

The 1st Xmas - Page 1/9

Subject: The 1st Xmas
Replies: 59 Views: 2200
> »
stayocom 19.12.21 - 10:08am
It looks like a question, what is the name of 1st father xmas and whr he orignated from or may father xmas his my family * +

stayocom 19.12.21 - 10:09am
What is your intake on this 1st father of xmas. * +

badapple 19.12.21 - 10:22am
depends on where you are in the world, father christmas/santa claus is widely accepted to be a 4th centuary bishop from turkey, who is the paintron saint of children, his feast day is the 6th december. In some countries this is when presents are given out. In others presents are given out on the 24th december or the 6th january the day when the 3 kings reached the stable. Father christmas also has many guises from the loveable old chap, to an evil entity, to a homeless tramp type. The germans have 10 or so different versions of santa claus. The sants claus we in the west know today is a version invented by coke a cola nod.gif and the traditional family christmas was invented by charles di ckens. Before that christmas was just another holy day one of around 250 in the calander year. * +

stayocom 19.12.21 - 10:24am
1n my country 1st xmas was organized in Dec 25th 1842 by Rev. freeman and was co-ordinated by Rev. Townsend * +

badapple 19.12.21 - 10:28am
when i was a kid, in germany santa claus would have a sidekick called Black Peter who would scare children and beat them with a stick if they were awake when santa claus arrived to deliver the presents nod.gif going to the groto to see santa was not a fun family day out in germany dont.gif Black Peter would be beside santa, growling and snarling at the kids, it was pretty terrifiying for a 4 year old tbh. * +

stayocom 19.12.21 - 10:28am
And it was done under the tree name called Agia tree in Badagry lagos. * +

deusexmachina 19.12.21 - 10:29am
The Hogfather although Death and Albert were forced to take up the reins that one time. * +

stayocom 19.12.21 - 10:33am

@ badapple - 19.12.21 - 10:28am
when i was a kid, in germany santa claus would have a sidekick called Black Peter who would scare children and beat them with a stick if they were awake when santa claus arrived to deliver the presents nod going to the groto to see santa was not a fun family day out in germany dont Black Peter would be beside santa, growling and snarling at the kids, it was pretty terrifiying for a 4 year old tbh.

That was interesting story. That black peter was he human being ? * +

> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-9
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 General Chat Forum
9 Forum Index